1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

1 kitty vs multiple

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Alisha H, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Alisha H

Alisha H Savannah Super Cat

What is everyone's take on having just one savannah? I have high energy dogs and hoping he'll get along with them, but some say I should have another kitty friend for him. Someday I'd love to have an F2 but that's not going to happen for a few more years. :)

2. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

I think it depends on the household and what works. Some kitties are actually better as single kitties... I've had to rehome one of my girls, Katie, because she just didn't like to share her humans...she is VERY happy now owning her home and her human! I've also homed kittens into homes that only have a dog and the kitten tends to become best buddies with the dog and all is well.

So my advice is to see how your kitty does with just doggy friends, you'll be able to tell if he needs a companion...and face that then :)

BTW, my dog is an only dog...and many might say HE needs a doggy companion too. But he tends to see the humans and kitties here as "his pack" and all is well. He just runs and wrestles with them instead!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Wyldthingz

Wyldthingz Savannah Super Cat

Just better to decide earlier than later. Give it a year, then see. When I had one, she endlessly played with the dog.

4. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I think it will depend on the cat but if the Savannah accepts the dogs and vice versa they should be able to keep each other well entertained.

5. Kronos

Kronos Guest

I needed a multi pet house hold. Solo (my ragdoll) was very anxious. A year later when we got our dog, he was cured and very happy. Now with kitty #2, Kronos my SV, the three of them are just all so happy. They all run wrestle and play together.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

I think we have around nine ganging up on us in the living-room and kitchen... SVs and BGs.:big grin:

One cat? Well, that´s how it started...

innocent buddies.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I love the kitty pile up Per!

• Like Like x 1
  8. waitingforgeorge

waitingforgeorge George's brother

Gracious I'm glad my husband doesn't come on here!

• Like Like x 2
  9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Would he want another SV? or would he think we were crazy :roflmao:

10. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

ROFLMAO.

I've found guys are just as SV crazy! In fact, I have found a lot of men are more interested in obtaining a SV (specifically) then their wives! The wives are happy with a kitty- the MEN want a SAVANNAH. And this goes for lower gen kitties too- so it isn't so much the machoism of wanting a 'bigger' kitty.

• Like Like x 1