Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

A couple of changes before Kibeti got sick

jebur27

Savannah Super Cat
I think Kibetis IBD may be directly related to an accident he had in late Nov. In a nut shell, he was on an end table, got spooked, jumped backwards about 5 feet, slamming his hip/side into another table. He was injured bad enough he limped for a couple of weeks. Vet said there were no dislocations or broken bones. The two things I noticed over the next few weeks - he stopped jumping up and his fur went from coarse to silky. Both things have been mentioned to both his regular vet and Internist. They seems to kind of blow it off. So after 3 weeks on Prednisone, he is jumping again. I kind of expected that, but his fur is getting coarse again. Before all of this began, I used to reach out in the dark to see who was sleeping where and could tell by the fur, Paka is very silky. I can tell the difference between them again. It just seems the illness caused changes in his fur too.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I think Kibetis IBD may be directly related to an accident he had in late Nov. In a nut shell, he was on an end table, got spooked, jumped backwards about 5 feet, slamming his hip/side into another table. He was injured bad enough he limped for a couple of weeks. Vet said there were no dislocations or broken bones. The two things I noticed over the next few weeks - he stopped jumping up and his fur went from coarse to silky. Both things have been mentioned to both his regular vet and Internist. They seems to kind of blow it off. So after 3 weeks on Prednisone, he is jumping again. I kind of expected that, but his fur is getting coarse again. Before all of this began, I used to reach out in the dark to see who was sleeping where and could tell by the fur, Paka is very silky. I can tell the difference between them again. It just seems the illness caused changes in his fur too.

It could be because the illness will cause changes in the GI tract and therefore changes in the way food is digested...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It's also possible that the steroids are causing a change in is coat again. Hopefully they will do the trick for his IBD.