1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Issues' started by admin, Feb 4, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Do you all think that we should separate the photos into their own category or leave the same?

I am tempted to put a shout box on the sidebar, but am not sure people know how to use it or even what it is...what do thou all think?

2. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Moderator, Clos du Chat Savannah Cats Staff Member

So what is a shout box?

• Like Like x 1
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

LOL...it is a real time chat, where you can chitchat, but the chitchat should be very brief and is not meant to take the place of forum discussions.

It looks like this: http://www.shoutmix.com/v3/ - I am not going to sue this shout box, but it is an example.

4. Pam Flachs

It might be worth a try? I can see this perhaps getting some lively conversation going...would the replies be saved...for future reference (for say, a health or medical question/answer)?

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I don't think so, that is why it is not meant to take the place of discussions in the forums...

6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

it is just for short chats like where am I? j/k :alien:

Shoutbox - what you post stays there until x entries are posted and then they clear. It would only be seen by registered members...

7. Pam Flachs

I see...thanks for explaining!

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

No worries...and what about photos

9. Pam Flachs

I think for now the photos are fine where they are. Maybe revisit it in the future if needed?

10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

ok - thanks