Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

A few behaviors that need to go ...

Rafiki

Site Supporter
That was one expensive kitty dinner! For that price, I would at least expect a seriously nice bottle of vino!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
LOL, I agree Alex, some of your behaviors definitely need to go:big grin: Gotta get rid of that foam mattress and start using using reusable grocery bags -- better for the environment too.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
....do I have a savannah? Or is she just a spotted tabby? Yeesh, she does none of this!!

Foster kid Jimmy on the other hand...even though he is incapacitated (or maybe because he is incapacitated?) I can see him doing these things

s&jdavis

Savannah Super Cat
Kristin, I wonder the same thing sometimes! The only 'bad' habits Zubi has are meowing at nothing and everything, and shredding paper towels (only if I leave them out...he does not counter surf).

-Sonya

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Kristin, I wonder the same thing sometimes! The only 'bad' habits Zubi has are meowing at nothing and everything, and shredding paper towels (only if I leave them out...he does not counter surf).

-Sonya

Zeddie can be mildly destructive (usually when I make fun of her for being 'not-savannah-like)...basically she just opens drawers and takes water fountains apart. She finds no joy in toilet paper, paper towels, wool, blankets (except to sleep in, of course) and she has never, ever bitten...not even a love bite.

My foster kid, Jimmy, broke his leg, so he is in the rehab stage. He has to live in a cage (poor kid) but comes out to work on his leg. He love licks that turns into nips. He also tries to grab stuffed animals and shows a chewing tendency. I have to make sure there is nothing he can grab near his cage, because he will grab it and pull it in...but he is also a complete lovebug and is just chilling on my lap with an ice pack on his leg <3

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Kristin, are you sure that Zeddie isn't using mind control on the other kitties to accomplish her bad savannah antics? A few months ago it was Thor and now it is Jimmy. Thru it all, Zeddie is completely innocent? Hmmm....I think I see a pattern here! :p

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Kristin, are you sure that Zeddie isn't using mind control on the other kitties to accomplish her bad savannah antics? A few months ago it was Thor and now it is Jimmy. Thru it all, Zeddie is completely innocent? Hmmm....I think I see a pattern here! :p

You may be onto something.... She doesn't want to tarnish her reputation of the perfect princess...I mean, she wouldn't get awesome presents then, right? Tsk tsk Zeddie

Alex

Savannah Super Cat
I am fortunate that while Rafiki is attracted to wool and down, she doesnt chew or pee on either one. When she was about 9 months old, we came home to find that she had dragged a standard pillow up a flight of stairs and brought it to the living room. At about a year old, she decided to try to bring a queen size wool blanket up the same stairs while I was away on a business trip. The blanket had been neatly folded on top of the laundry hamper in the guest bedroom. My husband caught her in the act. She was grabbing it from all different sides trying to get it up the stairs!

View attachment 15953
LOL! Cyro re-arranges things, too.

Alex

Savannah Super Cat
Our boys have shredded 2 mattresses to date.

TP they leave alone, but plastic bags are fair game.

At a certain point, it gets funny. They bring so much happiness into our day, unless they are going to hurt themselves, I kind of just go with it.

Imperfect house, perfectly happy life I guess :)
That's the attitude I adopt most of the time ... but Cyro and I are going to go visit my parents for Thanksgiving ... and I'm worried what he's going to get into at their house :not sure: