Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

An ode to cats, especially the best of them.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
San.png electric cat.png Pictures of San. The second could be captioned: Honey the new electric cat arrived.

A haiku:

Into my heart you
Crawl purring a soft soulful
Rhythm, a love song.

I am sitting here still mourning the loss of San (my avatar picture). That picture was taken in February of 2010, a month after he was brought home. I had the sad task of having him put to sleep on June 1st 2013 due to very aggressive cancer that he fought bravely for a year. The vet believes he was around 7 years old.

He was a very special boy that was one of two cats I received from a shelter after going there and meeting him and his close companion cat (my orange tabby Paz). San was a very calm, confident, and friendly cat that impressed everyone he met. Even the people at the vet clinic jokingly offered to trade me their pets for him.

Even though I have two Savannah cats scheduled to arrive at the end of June, they can in no way replace San, they can only be new friends and family members who will find their own special place as my other pets have.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about San :( No, they can never be replaced...but we do open our hearts and souls, especially to such innocents as kittens and cats...you will always miss San, but the pain will fade...sounds like he was wonderful and special and I'm sure he had a very good life.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
I just realized I left the word soft out of the second line of the poem, breaking the 5/7/5 rule for haiku. I will edit the post to fix that.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Go to your post, and you'll see an edit button underneath it on the left. Edit it and then click save.
Unfortunately the edit function is not showing up for me on my initial post. Can an admin add the word soft between a and soulful please?

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of San. He was gorgeous and had a good life with you.

I love your haiku...it says it all....