1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Another first!

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Laura W, May 7, 2012.

1. Laura W

Laura W Savannah Super Cat

Echo decided it was time to join us for a few minutes tonight. He had jumped over the baby gate a few times for a few moments earlier in the day. Tonight, while we were watching t.v., he jumps the gate and walks to about a foot from me, sniffs towards us, looks around without a care in the world and heads to the formal dining room like it was completely normal thing to do. He has never approached us on his own.

He actually played with the wand toy today and Dolos, the Bengal, was in and out of his room most of the day day. Echo would hiss and Dolos would back off, but Echo didn't freak out like he usually does.

We have made more progress in the last few weeks than we have in 4 months.:)

• Like Like x 8
  2. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

That is so exciting! You are such a patient and kind soul! Not many people would take all of the time and care you have taken with Echo, and i gobble your touching stories up every time you post. I'm so glad for your progress; you should add pictures ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like good progress... keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

That is wonderful, Laura! Echo seems to have come along way in the past few weeks - awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Laura W

He's a brat, but I love him. Just seeing him makes me smile! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Awwww, this makes me smile. Good work Laura, you're putting significant chinks in his armor and he's on his way to becoming the socialized kitty I'm pretty sure he was when he left the breeder.

7. Laura W

I think he was most maybe shy. Something has gone wrong in his life to make him so fearful. I did sent an email to Julia, but haven't heard back. Just wanted to let her know her kitty has a nice home with people who love him.

Last night, he jumped up on me while we were sleeping. Thankfully, no claws were out. :eek:

8. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

That is wonderful news!

9. Paul B

Paul B Sorte

This is awesome! :) Forward progress is great. Soon enough he'll be walking around like he owns the house. I'm glad his fear is diminishing for you though.

10. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Savannah Super Cat

That's great news!!! You've been so patient, keep up the good work....he's making great progress.:big grin:

• Like Like x 1