1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Attacked by a 6 months old kitten

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Photos | Savannah Kitten Photos' started by George, Sep 28, 2012.

1. George

George Savannah Super Cat

Don't panic :)
    A small pregnant kitten ( i think she is around 6-7months old ) just invaded our balcony and asked to be fed. After having a delicious dinner she wanted to take a nap on my girlfriends lap :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Medesha

Medesha Savannah Super Cat

Careful when bringing in an outside kitty. You don't want to pass on anything to any pets you already have. She is a cutie, though! What's going to happen when she has the babies?

3. George

We have no pets at the moment. She is so cute that we decided to take her to the vet to check her. We will ask around the neighborhood but this kitten is a back yard cat if you know what I mean. We have many around here, we feed them and eventually neuter the ones that live in our yards. She asks for petting all the time, and she even has some savannah-like spotting :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Medesha

Medesha Savannah Super Cat

Aww! I know how it is, got ferals all over the place. I'd make sure she doesn't have fleas or any other bugs. Are you going to let her have the babies? Will you keep her? If yes, make sure she's eating a good wet food diet, she's going to need her strength if she's going to have the babies at such a young age and size.

• Like Like x 1
  5. George

We will take her to the vet to do everything, from fleas to deworming and vaccines, whatever can be done anyways. We will see then but if she is only a few weeks due ..who knows. I dont think we will keep her indoors. I don't think we would succeed anyway.
    When we get our savannah we will perhaps get another indoor cat for company, not sure when but for sure in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

She looks like a sweet girl, I hope she and her kittens will stay safe! It would be great if your vet would offer a speuter discount for her and her kittens once she has this litter....

7. George

True that ! we shall see ..

8. Lori Greer

Lori Greer Cahaba Cats

I noticed her spotting! She is adorable!!

9. shelby

shelby Guest

George, she is a beautiful girl;>)I am sure she is enjoying the love and attention;>) I also get the feeling your girlfriend is enjoying the snuggle;>) It would be nice to keep her in..just to offer the safe place for the babies to be born;>)
    www.dreamweavercatz.com

10. SV Dad

SV Dad Site Supporter

Got any more pictures? The shape of the face, the spots, and possibly the ears appear suggestive.
    A couple of years ago while on a short trip to see my mom, one of my neighbors thought one of my savannahs got out. Cat came right up to them so they put it in the garage. When I got home I noticed one too many spotted cats. Hmmmm, how did this happen? Really nice friendly cat. Took her to the vet. And what do you know, chipped! Turns out the cat wandered off two weeks earlier from four miles away. It crossed I-80 (very busy superhighway, main east west road through the United States)!!!! It was an Egyptian Mau. The 8 year old boy was over joyed to get his cat back!
    George, are spotted cats common in your area?

• Like Like x 1