Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Baby Steps:)

Jeni

Aniyah's mommy
Deborah,

Thank you so much for your advice. Lots of good pointers:)

There will NOT be any chasing this time, that is for sure. Precious was 19 years old and finally just said "to heck with the dogs" and just ignored them. Once she did that, it wasn't fun for the pooches any more and the game stopped. Theo is the one who sleeps in the crate in our room. We usually keep the dogs separated at night just because of the ruccus they can make!

Theo will be 4 years old in October and is NOT the Alpha of the two. So meeting him first was actually what I had in mind to test the "dog waters" out if you will. I actually lead him straight to his crate by his collar at bed time every night so that he doesn't scare her. I think maybe if they meet when he is INSIDE his crate and I can see how they react to each other, then I can determine how freaked out she is by them. Our breeder has five German Shephards that the kitties were used to seeing and hearing but not necessarily being able to be in direct contact with them. I think that may help a smidge as well?

Harley, is my Alpha dog. He's 9 years old and it's starting to show. So I'm hoping he has slowed down enough that all these kids get along well and everyone just falls right into place. One reason we got Aniyah is so that Theo will have a buddy when Harley's time is up....we shall see I guess if that will be the case:)

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
First, she's a female; 2nd, she's a female SV; 3rd, she's a cheeky kitten who has no concept that anyone of any species would not think her charming & cute & royalty of the highest order. She will undoubtedly win over the dogs with the proper introductions and patience. She will likely become their tormentor. I mean, look at that face in your avatar -- they don't stand a chance.

Jeni

Aniyah's mommy
Yes, she is most certainly royalty! She has a special way of winning you over with her loooong and elaborate stories. She will tell you exactly how things should be and then pursuade you to believe she's right;) And she's so sincere and sweet when she's telling you. Plus, she'll at least be the same size as the dogs are, if not taller and longer. They don't stand a chance!!!

Jeni

Aniyah's mommy
Well all - our lil' Aniyah had gone from taking baby steps to full blown leaps and bounds! Literally! She runs to me when I come into "her" room. She blabs and blabs and blabs, telling me all about her day. Evidently, she's learning to jump and/or climb her 7' cat tree. I found her perched 1/2 way up and still can't figure out how she got there! She has begun to sleep UNDER the covers with us every night...without even getting up once. She's a lover deluxe. Wants nothing more than to be held and kissed. And if you don't oblige her within what she feels is a reasonable time frame, she will climb up your pants and t-shirt as if you were a tree. I didn't think F2s were lap babies but this one sure does seem to be so far:p I LOVE IT !!! And I also am starting to see why you guys say they train us instead of it being the other way around...lol.

I've managed to get a few decent pictures of her using my phone. No, they aren't art gallery material but at least you can get a glimpse into "Aniyah's World" :in love:

Day 1 - 3 (She hid in her airplane crate for the most part)
hiding still.jpg
Day 4 - She "thought" she was still hiding but couldn't resist checking out Da Bird.
IMG00418-20120904-0849.jpg
Day 5 - Decided the cool thing to do is PLAY,
IMG00435-20120906-0804.jpg
Day 6 - 11.......TALK,
IMG00452-20120906-0957.jpg
SLEEP,
IMG00454-20120906-0958.jpg
PLAY again,
IMG00467-20120908-2044.jpg
And then lay in Mommy's lap:big grin:
IMG00470-20120909-1624.jpg

Nitro

and his servant, Paul
Isn't that toy the most obnoxious thing in the world? I ended up throwing away the "birdie" ball and put the other one in the outside circle.

Jeni

Aniyah's mommy
Isn't that toy the most obnoxious thing in the world? I ended up throwing away the "birdie" ball and put the other one in the outside circle.

OMG yes!!!!!! I didn't know it chirped when I bought it. I pulled the little pluggy thing out and Geez! I've thought about tossing it several times:eek:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Awww, what an adorable little sweetie! I'm very glad she decided you are sooo much better than her crate!!! :up: