Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Best water fountain ?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I just bought a glacier point. I went overboard on my first fountain and bought a huge ceramic one that the cats like but it's very heavy and awkward to fill. Can't wait for the new one to get here.

C

Coolcat

I just bought a glacier point. I went overboard on my first fountain and bought a huge ceramic one that the cats like but it's very heavy and awkward to fill. Can't wait for the new one to get here.
The chilled one?

HappyS

Savannah Super Cat
We have... Had the Pioneer Fountain Big Max- Stainless Steel. I do NOT recommend it. Numerous people had the pump break within 3 months and it happened to me too. It's poor quality and needs to be cleaned every 2-3 days at the bare minimum or it gets really nasty. No recommendation but a negative review in case this product catches anyone's fancy.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Looks easy to clean and ceramic base. Even though it has some plastic parts, they're one unit and easy to maintain. The fountain I'm using now has a plastic clamshell unit that houses the pump. The clamshell grows that icky red algae on it and I have to clean it every day which means taking it apart, taking out the pump, cleaning the whole thing and putting it back together. It's not difficult to do, just inconvenient. And I try to support as much as possible any product made in the US.

C

Coolcat

Well its between the glaicer and drinkwell 360-most likely will be the glacier as you said USA made.

admin

Paige
Staff member
We have... Had the Pioneer Fountain Big Max- Stainless Steel. I do NOT recommend it. Numerous people had the pump break within 3 months and it happened to me too. It's poor quality and needs to be cleaned every 2-3 days at the bare minimum or it gets really nasty. No recommendation but a negative review in case this product catches anyone's fancy.

I agree...I have had very bad experiences with the Pioneer, even though my cats loved it...it did get very nasty...that is why I started reading about stainless steel and ceramic made of poor quality stainless and ceramics...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Since I have two Glaciers, I can say this...very easy to clean and if something goes wrong, you can call and speak to the guy who actually made it. I love the ceramic base, which is made in USA...

They guy who designed and hand makes them was an engineer...every part on the glacier can be replaced...I bought extra parts, which were cheap enough...when the charcoal came out of the plastic tube, he sent me an entirely new tube, but also told me how to economically replace instead of buying his parts...

he is just a really good guy who makes a quality product ;)

MM3

Site Supporter
I searched on here but didnt see much.What seems to be the best one.And has anyone made thier own.Dang these cats nickel and dime ya to death......but im sure its worth every penny.
No truer words were ever spoken!