1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Breed Standard

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Suzanne H, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Suzanne H

Suzanne H Savannah Super Cat

Ok please correct me if I am wrong, God knows I'm still learning and trying to keep all of it straight in my head...

How was the breed standard developed? Colors, eye shape etc.
    I know it is put forth by TICA.
    just curious
    Suzanne

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

The breed standard actually was not put forth by TICA...it was developed by members of the breed section. You can learn more about that process by going to http://www.savannahbreedsection.org

3. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

It is accepted by the TICA Board, but written by Savannah breeders, owners and enthusiasts :)

The original breed standard that TICA accepted was written by Patrick Kelley and Joyce Sroufe (the original owner of A1Savannahs) our breed history can be found at http://www.savannahbreedsection.org/history.php

Further revisions and amendments have been done by our breed section, members of TICA that have selected Savannah as their breed of choice.

4. Suzanne H

You guys are awesome, and quick to respond!

5. Suzanne H

I've seen A1Savannahs, and read their site. Theirs was the first site I came across last fall after I lost my baby Figgy.

I've actually begun making myself a book with info in it. Its a great easy reference.

• Like Like x 1