1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Broken whiskers?

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Health' started by Dantes, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Dantes

Dantes Guest

Hey all,

I was finally noticing the other day that Duma's whiskers were filling in nicely, and was getting ready for his close-ups. But today I noticed a few of them had broken off, so now he's got a bunch of half-inch whiskers again.

Is this a sign of something I've never heard of before? Or is he just getting into something he's not supposed to (and I haven't figured out what it is yet)?

2. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

I would take him to the vet and talk to them. Does he have any other symptoms?

3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I don't think it is anything to worry about...cats' whiskers break and grow back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I can't remember if you have any other cats in your household, but some cats are notorious for chewing off the whiskers of their kitty buddies.

5. Dantes

Dantes Guest

Not so far.

Will definitely go to the vet if I notice anything!

6. Dantes

Dantes Guest

Yes, but I hope this isn't true! :( Will keep my eyes peeled.

Also--the broken whiskers are kind of random, not like a bunch on one side or consecutive ones or anything.

7. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I honestly would not worry about it... Honestly, honestly- I would not worry about it at all. The nakeds? They often had no whiskers at all! And the curly butt? His whiskers break and fall off more often then not. Some cats whiskers aren't as strong as others. Believe it or not- although people will tell ya cats will fall over without their whiskers- never seen it happen yet! LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dantes

Dantes Guest

hehe I know he can live without whiskers, but I love the whisker look. Maybe it's just the place where they broke off but they look like thick ones, so now he's got these short stubby white things, the black ones don't seem to be as affected.

Ok, I figured out Nakeds from LJ's picture, but what's a curly butt? lol

9. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Selkirk Rex- that'd be a curly butt. LOL.

• Like Like x 1