1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Build your own cat trees??

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Questions? Need Savannah Cat Advice?' started by J.B., Apr 10, 2012.

1. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

Soo i haven't gotten my lovely little guy yet, but i am trying to get all i could need ready in advance and then came the question of the cat tree! *cue dun dun dun music*

And seeing as how i am a design buff, and seriously love to have rooms with matching decor and all that jazz i am facing a dilema. I just can NOT imagine some cat trees in my house! lol and all of the gorgeous ones cost more than the cat(not really)... I was thinking of just building my own to match my house and be more aesthetically pleasing(i'm pretty handy with powertools) but was wondering if anyone else had build their own kitty trees???
    If you did, how did you design it and what problems did you face? Or does anyone think of any reasons why it's maybe not such a good plan and i should suck it up and spend the big bucks on the sexy trees?

2. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Moderator, Clos du Chat Savannah Cats Staff Member

3. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pam Flachs

5. Brigitte Cowell

Lazy me is considering getting our contractor to whip one up here... even though I know I am completely capable of doing it myself, I also know that it would go on my "to do" list and not get anywhere...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pam Flachs

LOL! I know I could, too, but am getting soft and lazy in my old age...;)

Lately I'd rather buy one already done or have someone else do it for me.

7. Brigitte Cowell

Always makes me feel a tad guilty when I know I could easily do it myself...but then I could really sew most my own clothes too but I don't find the time for that either! LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  8. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

9. J.B.

J.B. Savannah Super Cat

10. Brigitte Cowell

I have a vague memory that Paige posted it on this forum...or else it is one of the moderncat.net emails I get every day... they find some really cool stuff!