1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Cat Carriers

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, Feb 14, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Just wondering what kind of carriers everyone uses...I'm guessing it depends, of course, on how large your cat is, but...

I am now trying a sleepypod after many, many carriers...

2. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Ooooooo tres chic! I have a sherpa and some other brand (for medium sized dogs) that I bought at PetSmart.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I like the Sleepypod for well behaved cats, but the F1s only travel in hard plastic with metal hardware. We learned real quick on the way to the 2010 TICA annual how quick an F1 can split a soft carrier... On the freeway...

• Like Like x 2
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I did too, but they bit the dust...I have a sturdy show shelter and cat carrier, but Zuri somehow gets out of it all the time and is going to cause me to have an accident one of these days.

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Yep...I know the feeling...Zuri just keeps getting out of her sturdi and every other soft carrier, so we'll see with this one...

6. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

A stroller... lol they won't fit in my carrier anymore

• Like Like x 1
  7. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

and I do plan on getting one of those, but not for the same reason :oops:

8. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Which Sleepypod did you get? I have both the original design (two of them) and the Air which I love. I like each design for different reasons. The Sleepypod is good to use as a cat bed in the house and then be able to zip the top on for trips to the vet.

The Air is the best for travelling...it folds flat so can go in a suitcase when flying to pick up a kitten for example. For some reason, my cats all love that one, when at a cat show hotel they will fight to get into that one :)

I also have one of these in large for my F1 Nina...http://www.tutto.com/index_petonwheels.htm

And then some medium dog crates too...

9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I got the original for trips to the vet...I like the Air, so will keep in mind for traveling.

And I love the tutto - did you get yours at a show by chance?

10. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I got mine at a show :)