1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Cat trees for Keljin + Winry

Discussion in 'Links We Like - and You Like' started by Breheart, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Breheart

Breheart Guest

Hey guys, I know in a few various threads I mentioned wanting to build a cat tree. Well.. Keljin has been home for 8 months now and still has no climbing areas! I bought some sisal rope and spare carpet, but I do not have the tools or knowlege to construct one myself. My stepdad was supposed to help me, but he has been too burdened with projects and his new job and our schedules simply are not making it work.

I want to give Keljin the gift of having vertical space and a place to sleep, hangout, scratch, hide, pounce, whatever he wishes to have fun discovering up there. Also I wanted something stylish that would match my decor. Also wanted one with a hammock, since Winry loves hammocks :) Maybe they will both use it, who knows.

I thought I would share the 2 ones that I purchased. $45 for the 36inch and $75 for the 60inch, both on Ebay, a decent price I hope!

They will arrive on Monday, and of course I will take photos as soon as they are assembled to share the joy of my babies discovering their new play thing :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. xumi's mom

xumi's mom Susan

Nice! The 60" one looks like it's going to be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Wow - very nice, Bre! Your babies will be thrilled!!!can't wait to see more pics when the trees are assembled and covered with furbies ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure Keljin will thank you, and Winry may enjoy them too :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Great choices, I'm sure the kitties will love them!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kronos

Kronos Guest

It's about time! Keljin will be so much happier with vertical territory. Make sure to put at least one of them by a window, that makes the trees even more appealing to cats!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Yes, being able to perch up high and observe the world is very attractive to a kitty!

• Like Like x 2
  8. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

Very nice!!:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Breheart

Breheart Guest

Yes, I agree Alisha by a window is an excellent location. That is why I got two :) I couldn't decide where to put it and two is better than one!

10. Breheart

Breheart Guest

So sad news, I put together both trees yesterday. and they SUCK.. I will be returning them. Yes they are stylish and had all the features I want.. all the features except STABILITY. Keljin can hardly fit on them too, he is too big already and they are just so wobbly that he wont jump to the top tiers. He liked hanging out in the cubbys though and was instantly purring in them.. sigh