1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Comcast.net highlights this am - "Expensive Cat"

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by rollinridge, Aug 2, 2012.

1. rollinridge

rollinridge Guest

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Great! Ridgely, maybe we can contact them and see if we can get them to do something on Savannahs that is more representative...lets see who the producers are. I don't have Comcast though, so you may have to get the info.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. Medesha

Medesha Savannah Super Cat

Man, I hate that video. Since when is the Cheetah descended from the Lion!?

I laughed at the clip of that Serval when the speaker was like, "Look at this dangerous beast!" and it was carrying a lizard in its mouth. Servals are one of the smallest cats on the savannah, it's not taking down cape buffalo and giraffes!

Vakai is licking my face right now. He's a dangerous, unpredictable beast to be sure!

• Like Like x 2
  4. rollinridge

rollinridge Guest

Paige - you can get on the www.comcast.net site - it's the main page so it's open for everyone to see.
    I showed the vid to the girls here at work and they asked why they made the Savannahs seem scary when they know my kitties. (But loved the clips of the kittens).

5. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Wow - I had never seen that before...I wonder why Comcast decided to play it now?I thought it was a Jersey thing (Comcast) but I guess not...what a crock! $25,000 - $30,000? Granted the video is from 2010, but it is still all a crock!!! Beasts, roar, wild???

This is why we MUST be careful when talking about our Savannahs...they are not beasts, they are not wild and they do not roar!!! If people continue to refer to them this way, we will have a hard time, in this climate, keeping them legal :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

I'm pretty sure I've seen that broadcast before....I know I'll be getting some new phone calls now wanting one of "them big leopard-looking cats"...sigh.

8. adamcrssmn

adamcrssmn Guest

It's on youtube too and the comments... [shakes head] Ugh...:sick:

9. JOSHardson

JOSHardson Savannah Super Cat

Yeah, I was about to say this WTF segment has been on YouTube for a while.

10. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

This is an old episode on a show called Weird, True and Freaky, produced by Animal Planet. It's been around for at least a couple of years. Just like any other AP production, it promotes a lot of non-truths (check out their Savannah episode on Cats 101).