1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Considering a Baby Sling

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by xumi's mom, Jul 1, 2012.

1. xumi's mom

xumi's mom Susan

Lately, Xumi wants to be held so she can take a snooze on my chest/shoulder. I wouldn't mind, except she's really heavy, and she goes completely limp, which means I have to use both arms to keep her there. Which means I can't do anything else. I wonder if she'd tolerate being put in a baby sling? Has anyone tried this?

2. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

No, but I like that idea. Tojo gets in moods where he wants me to carry him around and he is getting heavy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Just when I thought I'd heard everything....if you guys do this, you should get an award for having the most spoiled cats ever.​

• Like Like x 5
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I have thought about this and have seen others do it...;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eolsurion

Eolsurion Rob

I think the boys would have me for lunch if i tried to put them in a sling and carry them around ...

• Like Like x 3
  6. SV Dad

SV Dad Site Supporter

I hope you folks realize these Savannahs control you! And not the other way around.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dantes

Dantes Guest

Haha, I did that with Dante (ragdoll). He is BIIIG...well, compared to any other cat I've had, anyway. He wanted to be held like a baby, with his head on my shoulder and his face in my hair, so we did a baby sling. I can't imagine Duma holding still for that, though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Eolsurion

Eolsurion Rob

I think most of us have accepted the fact that we are owned by our savannahs some time ago :) I can speak for myself when I say that I'm very happy to have them in my life ... I prefer being owned than not having them at all. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. xumi's mom

xumi's mom Susan

I think I will give it a try. I don't think she'd like being placed into one, so I'll fashion something myself, like a length of material with velcro straps. I could put it on before she falls asleep. Once she's asleep, I could just roll it up over her and attach the velcro.

If you hear a news report of a Northern California woman who died by wearing a strange garment and hanging a 13 pound exotic cat around her neck, well, it was really nice getting to know all of you :)

• Like Like x 6
  10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I will be on the lookout for a sensational story :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1