1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Cool vs. Warm......Just wondering

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Shows | Advice and Mentors' started by Presley777, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Presley777

Presley777 Savannah Teenager

When it comes to a "cool' spotted vs. a "warm" spotted is one more desirable in showing, breeding and or owning? I'm just curious. Thanks in advance:)

2. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

There isn't- it's owner preference. A lot of people think that warm Savannahs are the only way to go, but that's not true according to our standard and the show hall. A typey cat is a typey cat- and since cool is the flipside of warm, meh :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wyldthingz

Wyldthingz Savannah Super Cat

As far as selling pets, the warm browns are more desirable. It is a very attractive color. Showing savannahs is entirely a different cup of tea. That have to fit the standard which can be read up on on the TICA website. The cat can have bling spots to die for and totally be ignored by the judges as their type isn't there.

My big concern lately is the quantity of breeders requesting kitten with the warm brown with bling spots and they buy some awful bengally looking thing for their breeding program. Before breeding, even pet breeders should know what Savannahs should look like. For a few years, Savannahs and Bengals looked very similar. I was glad to see the trend away from that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I happen to love the cool Savannahs...but I love them all...as for showing, warm or cool really does not make a difference - it is all about type for showing!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I think some of the cool are much more dramatic looking then some of the warm- so I like them both too, Paige! And I've found the homes seem to like a little bit of everything! Heck, my nonstandard F2s always have a huge fan base!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Yes, Seyah was a perfect example of a strikingly exquisite cool colored Savannah, RIP sweet boy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

And what is funny, Trish, is that many people are commenting on the cinnamon (boy?) - so see, Savannahs don't have to be BST's to be popular ;) But then again, you already know this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Oh yeah- people love the cins and chocolate colors- I do too. It's just so very pretty!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wyldthingz

Wyldthingz Savannah Super Cat

I think there is always an audience for the odd ball colors. I think the hardest is the mels as you can't see the spotting in most of them. I am a black cat lover so I think they are beautiful.

• Like Like x 2