1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Crazy Cat Lady?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lrmichelle, Jun 6, 2012.

1. lrmichelle

lrmichelle Lauren

So, as I wait for Vienna to come home (next week!) several people have called me a "crazy cat lady." Mostly my friends joking around, but that term doesn't exactly have a positive connotation. Just curious - any of you have to deal with that?

It's kind of funny to me that they're surprised that I'm excited to have my new kitty come home, especially after dropping a couple grand on her! I don't think I've been over-the-top, either, lol! We never hear "crazy dog lady." (And don't get me wrong, I like dogs, too!) Why is that?

Any stories/experiences with this?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Breheart

Breheart Guest

"Cat enthusiast" always has seemed to sit better with me than "crazy cat lady" lol.

Either way, even if I know my friends are just joking, they ALL changed their minds after seeing Keljin in person. "wow! exotic. He looks like a jungle cat! he is so cool, he is so this and that" so on. They have all changed their minds afterwards hehe.

I have too noticed the same thing though, I think it is just more socially acceptable for people to have multiple dogs, but cat owners are just associated as old and crazy :( Not sure why. I can admit I used to have the same assumption, until I started having cats.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

I've posted about this before. I've been called a crazy cat lady on a few occasions.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Yep - we all have been called that and worse :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  5. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

My husband calls me that and then I remind him that he knew that before he married me so what does that make him:p

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eolsurion

Eolsurion Rob

I'm known as the crazy cat dude at work. They all love my stories, but think I'm insane for purchasing not only one, but two savannahs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. xumi's mom

xumi's mom Susan

LOL! There are worse things to be called, IMO. I think cat owners and cat lovers would never think of you as a "crazy cat lady". And if they are not cat owners or cat lovers, there is something wrong with them in the first place. They must be dog people. Ask them "If I throw a stick, will you go away?" ;)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ashley

My best friend is always calling me a crazy cat lady. lol This coming from the woman who spoils her dog just as much as I spoil my child. haha She always replies, "Well dogs are better!" And she has a cat! But her cat is quite... bitchy. lol

• Like Like x 3
  9. Breheart

Breheart Guest

That's a good point, a lot of the "cat haters" I know always owned mean cats in their pasts. Its hard not to stereotype that all cats behave the same way. Honestly I think cat personalities are even much more complex and diverse than dog personalities.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ashley

I agree! lol Priscilla (the cat) was quite over weight. You could always find her tubby self perched at the top of the cat tree. As soon as you walked into the room she'd start hissing at you. And God help you if you tried petting her. lol
    But all cats that I've ever owned were sweet as can be. Sooo...Idk what Priscilla's problem is! :p

• Like Like x 1