Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Custom Pet Beds

Trish Allearz

Just curious- does anyone else have cats that love to pee over pet beds? Every big ol' dog bed I've bought- one of the cats always pees on it :(

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Just curious- does anyone else have cats that love to pee over pet beds? Every big ol' dog bed I've bought- one of the cats always pees on it :(
I do here too, it seems anything that Cooper the dog sleeps on long enough to smell at all "doggy" will get peed on... if I take care to launder his beds and blankies frequently I can avoid it mostly... I don't buy beds that have foam in them for that reason as they don't wash too well, the enzyme cleaner can't get into all those tiny holes in the foam so efficiently and then get rinsed out...

Trish Allearz

I've tossed out about three or four nice beds because they have been peed on :( BUT- you know- it might have been my old lady, who was a vindictive type kitty. Probably wouldn't hurt to try it once again! But at least I know I'm not alone! Poor Cooper- he needs a nice doggy bed to sleep on!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Cooper prefers the couch in any case.. and makes a pile of the cushions as his bed... you should see him scratching them into a suitable pile to climb on top of...

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat

Yes! I have just one, thank God! I hate buying anything new because she will pee or spray on it, throw pillows, sofa blankets, you name it, she's peed on it lol! I end up getting the inexpensive, but pretty nice dog beds from Walgreens for $6.00 on sale, then I don't feel so bad about tossing them...it helps to put an incontinence or puppy pad on them, plus another blanket or towel over it....I am constantly washing beds and bedding. Something I found that really works to get the odor out is using Aveda Rosemary and Mint shampoo in the wash, along with laundry detergent, after that it's a while before they get "wet" again. I get the shampoo for free (my sister owns a salon); good thing, since the shampoo is pricy!