1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Custom Pet Beds

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, Feb 27, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rylie

Rylie Diorcats

Wow so cute!! Thanks for the share!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Just curious- does anyone else have cats that love to pee over pet beds? Every big ol' dog bed I've bought- one of the cats always pees on it :(

4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Not here...

5. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

I had a chausie that did it. None of my Savannah's ever do.

6. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

These are really cool!

7. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

I do here too, it seems anything that Cooper the dog sleeps on long enough to smell at all "doggy" will get peed on... if I take care to launder his beds and blankies frequently I can avoid it mostly... I don't buy beds that have foam in them for that reason as they don't wash too well, the enzyme cleaner can't get into all those tiny holes in the foam so efficiently and then get rinsed out...

8. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I've tossed out about three or four nice beds because they have been peed on :( BUT- you know- it might have been my old lady, who was a vindictive type kitty. Probably wouldn't hurt to try it once again! But at least I know I'm not alone! Poor Cooper- he needs a nice doggy bed to sleep on!

9. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Cooper prefers the couch in any case.. and makes a pile of the cushions as his bed... you should see him scratching them into a suitable pile to climb on top of...

10. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Moderator, Clos du Chat Savannah Cats Staff Member

Yes! I have just one, thank God! I hate buying anything new because she will pee or spray on it, throw pillows, sofa blankets, you name it, she's peed on it lol! I end up getting the inexpensive, but pretty nice dog beds from Walgreens for $6.00 on sale, then I don't feel so bad about tossing them...it helps to put an incontinence or puppy pad on them, plus another blanket or towel over it....I am constantly washing beds and bedding. Something I found that really works to get the odor out is using Aveda Rosemary and Mint shampoo in the wash, along with laundry detergent, after that it's a while before they get "wet" again. I get the shampoo for free (my sister owns a salon); good thing, since the shampoo is pricy!