Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Determined willfull & strong

MissyL

Savannah Super Cat
Zeus has amazing strength for being 14 lb. When I have to restrain him at the vet or have to pull him back from running away or when he is in playful attack mode he can pull away like a 70 lb dog or child. Has anyone else have some stories or examples? Theres no stopping him.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

John Popp

Site Supporter
Our boy Dooley is much like that. He lifted a slight vet tech off the ground and when he wants to go there is no stopping him.

While there isn't much height or length differences between him and his brother, the circumference of Dooley's chest is 40% larger than his brothers. I'm sure if I could get measurements around his thighs or forearms they would reveal much the same. He's just a lot of cat, big and powerful.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Most Savannahs are all muscle, and don't forget there is usually a surge of adrenalin to help boost his strength when he is trying to get away...

admin

Paige
Staff member
My first Savannah, Taj, requires 3 people to hold him for shots, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trish Allearz

All of my cats are powerful but I've only had one baby that hated the vet and was hard to restrain. Now pulling certain cats can be a chore for sure!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Chuckbob

Savannah Super Cat
My Loki is an f6 1.5 yo 14#s. Loves the vet but he can pry open any drawer or door in the house no matter how much weight you put in front. I have a 10# weight on his water bowl to keep him from spilling but he still drags it every where. Amazing strength an jumping ability for a not that big cat. He can jump on my head or the top of a door from the floor. Just kinda flinches and poof he's up. He likes to sit on a 15 foot ledge of our vaulted ceiling which made me nervous till the vet said he's fully capable of jumping down without injury. Did not believe that untill I saw it. 15 feet to the floor like it was jumping off the counter. Thankfully he doesnt do it often but the thud tells me when he does.

Cathouse1

Site Supporter
Their strength is unbelievable. I grew up with Rottweilers, and Loki is pound for pound stronger and more determined. He snuggles, but despises being held. When we wants to get loose I just can't hold him down.

Remi's Mommy

Site Supporter
Zeus has amazing strength for being 14 lb. When I have to restrain him at the vet or have to pull him back from running away or when he is in playful attack mode he can pull away like a 70 lb dog or child. Has anyone else have some stories or examples? Theres no stopping him.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

My little 12 pounder pulls like a sled dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk