1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Diamond Pet Food Recall

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, May 7, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Diamond Pet Foods today announced that it is expanding a voluntary recall to include batches of nine brands of dry pet food formulas manufactured between December 9, 2011 and April 7, 2012 due to potential Salmonella contamination.

http://www.diamondpet.com/information/

• Like Like x 2
  2. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Thanks for posting this Paige! Looks like my stock of food is okay, thank goodness!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

My mom just sent me this & I just came to post this! Glad your already on it. Thank goodness our food isn't on the list!

• Like Like x 1
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

None of my cats eat TOTW, so I'm good...or any of the other foods listed.

5. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Savannah Super Cat

Yeah, I saw this too...They sent me an email.....unfortunately my bag was recalled; and my 8 yr old son and myself have been extremely ill.. Also, my Siamese cat was vomiting for two days..:( Shyla and everyone else in my house are ok so far.....but I was on the phone with Diamond yesterday for over an hour..I had to speak with their vet, and their medical doctor they have on staff. Took my son into the doc this morning, and looks like he's about done with his bout of this horribleness...but me....I still feel like crap:(

6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Awww....so sorry Michelle! Glad your son is better...take care of yourself and feel better...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

8. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Savannah Super Cat

Thanks Paige......it just a crazy thing...I just ordered a new bag of the TOTW and received it Tuesday, then Friday Saki was vomiting all over, and Saturday my son was so sick and had a super high fever.....Then I get an email Saturday night from Wag.com saying that they believe my bag was affected....nice. But I'm feeling better (aside from some stomach cramping) and he is too, Oh and Saki too.. :) At first I just thought maybe it was just a little stomach flu or something until I talked to the vet, and the doctor....then realized there was something more to it...But almost all better now, and I got refund right away too.....jeez what a weekend! :eek:

9. HappyS

HappyS Savannah Super Cat

I have two unopened bags at home and one JUST opened bag at my parents house of dry TOTW! I'll have to get them checked immediately!

10. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Look at how many pet foods were recalled since 2009 due to salmonella contamination. http://www.avma.org/petfoodsafety/recalls/default.asp

Why is this happening with increasing frequency. What needs to change in the pet food industry to ensure the safety of our furs? Gettin' kind of ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1