Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Diarrhea Problem

genarr3

Savannah Teenager
If you've done all the testing and nothing is coming back, then I would primarily look to the diet. I've heard of many the critter who's symptoms disappeared on a balanced raw diet.

Symptomatically, the herb Slippery Elm is great for both diarrhea and constipation. I sprinkle it in my cats' food when they need it (usually because they've gotten into something naughty)...its non toxic but 1/4 tsp is usually the max you would need. I would also do probiotics and maybe even digestive enzymes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I don't have a brand preference. It's not so much a supplement as an herb and it isn't overly popular, so you shouldn't have issues with people lying about what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genarr3

Savannah Teenager
If that has been done then I would do the boiled chicken and rice, with Foriflora when you get it and see how it goes. You may need to do the limited ingredient diet to rule out an issue with a specific protein.
This was the best advice anyone has given me, including both vets. His stool still isn't perfect, but it has improved dramatically, to the point had it started out like it is now I might not have taken any action. So thank you Dumàlove

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
This was the best advice anyone has given me, including both vets. His stool still isn't perfect, but it has improved dramatically, to the point had it started out like it is now I might not have taken any action. So thank you Dumàlove
You're welcome!! And I'm glad it's better. Keep in mind though that he can't live on that diet forever as its not balanced. So you will need to start thinking about what to feed him once he's been on that diet for a few weeks.