1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Do you reckon this is a scam....?

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Scams and Warnings' started by Rebecca Coy, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Rebecca Coy

Rebecca Coy Savannah Kitten

Hello my dear ,
    Thanks for providing good answers to my question this alone makes me know that you will take good care of my kitten . I am so happy that you
    are interested in my male savannah kitten Duke and i hope that he will be going to a great home because my main priority is to get him the best
    place where he will find peace , love and attention.The cost of delivery is $160 to have him deliver to you home address and you
    will be paying these money upfront to the shipping company so that you will be rest assure well you are sending your money to. So my dear, in order to make a successful shipping arrangement for him , i will
    like you to get back to me with the following details that will be needed to get him home:

Your Full Names..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your State /city .........!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your Full house address..........!!!!!
    Your Phone Number..........!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your Zip code..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your Nearest Airport..........!!!!!!!!

Once you make available these details, i will get everything together including his toys, crate and other accessories and his paperwork and
    then register him at the delivery agency then the agency will contact you on how to make payment to them . I have attach some of their pictures the male is Duke and the female is Teddy .
    Have a nice day

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

SCAM!!! And I wonder what they do with the details people send them???

3. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Tell her that you prefer to pick up the cat in person and that your salary as a law enforcement officer ensures you can provide for it financially and then sit back and watch the fur fly.;)

• Like Like x 7
  4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

LOL!!! Good one, Deborah!

5. Rebecca Coy

To be fair she did say in first email, then I can collect it, but she lives like in Alaska and I live in Kansas city!,,, but she probably knew that as when I first requested information I told her that!,, well I've asked to speak to her over phone as I'm aware of scams,, so I'll see what she comes back with?..

6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Rebecca, this is a scam...no point in talking to her...we have seen them all before and this one is no different than the rest...this person does not live in Alaska - I can guarantee that.

where did you find her?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rebecca Coy

8. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

My dear, tell her you won't send any money until you see proof of CFA or AKC registration. ;)

To the shipping company, of course....

• Like Like x 2
  9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

As I said - this is a scam...if it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is...the words the person in your post used are red flags...

it is always best to buy from a reputable breeder...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rebecca Coy

Yeah I want to try to catch them out now though! That asn website has so many on there, go on there click pets, cats, and there are
    Loads of scams, surprising that the site hasn't found this out!,,