Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Does your Savannah Cat get Upset When You do?

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
Yes, Dash gets very upset when there is any yelling in the house. Very hard to describe how he acts but it's obvious that it bothers him. He does try to comfort me, even if I'm not the one that's yelling or getting yelled at. LOL Fortunately it doesn't happen often.
He's pretty intuitive to my moods, feelings.
I'm really sorry that your neighbors kept you awake Paige. I really dislike inconsiderate, rude people. We have 3 families behind us that all play music very loudly. All on different channels, at the same time, all summer long. So yea, I can relate. Was so nice for the first 3 years we lived here before they built the houses behind us. Grrrr!

Vito

Site Supporter
I know this is an old post but it seems the right place to post this....... I'm currently waiting on my hospital treatment again and in a lot of pain, my treatment has been delayed due to the current covid situation here. I've noticed lately when I'm having a really bad day and feeling pain Vito is sticking to me like glue and constantly nuzzling me and now Franco is also doing it. Wherever I go they are following me. It's almost as though their saying "it's OK mammy, we're here) they bring so much comfort during these times. Don't know what I'd do without my boys. They seem to be so in tune to our feelings don't they.

Sean

Site Supporter
Some cats can be very bonded to there humans and are aware of your
physical and mental state. I was sick once and out on the floor and it was
the cat and dog worrying and making noise that got me awake enough to
get help.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have a couple of Highlanders who are very sensitive to my needs when I'm going through difficulties but my Savannahs could care less!

Moggieslegacy

Savannah Super Cat
Some cats really seem to have an amazing ability to tune in to our well being and offer their support. Especially considering they evolved from a species that is a solitary hunter with no observable long term relationships. I am not even sure how that happens!

HB is extremely sensitive and sweet in his own way. When he was a kitten, he would sometimes lay in my bed under the covers for a few minutes, but after he was 6 months he began to show a strong aversion if I even offered him a spot. He is a loyal and dedicated cuddler, but usually only comfortable to be in the crook of my legs on top of the covers. Except when he was about 14 -15 months old, when it was the first year anniversary of Moggie's death, he spent 3 whole nights, under the covers, pressed up against me. And he also did this the night after I took him to the vet for his first extreme herpes flare up. I had been assured I could see the vet I wanted to see, and not the vet I really did not want to see, and when I got there they tried to send me to the vet I did not want to see, and who I have zero trust for at this point. I ended up sitting in the parking lot with HB, for an hour waiting to see the vet I trusted, because the waiting room was full of dogs and people all of which terrify HB, even from far away, knowing stress could make his condition worse. It was really upsetting, and that night, again HB spent the night right beside me under the covers. I really think he knew how I felt and wanted to comfort me, even though he hates being under the covers.

But it isn't just Savannahs that have amazed me with how much they can care. My last random bred cat was really really really really shy. Even people who came over regularly never saw him. But one time I was in my house with a couple guests, and something very sad was happening and I started to cry. And in came my super shy, never before seen kitty, who without any hesitation headed straight for my chest and put his heart next to mine, repeatedly head butting me, and totally ignoring the other people in the kitchen. It was so totally out of character for him, I was really deeply touched by that! Cats are amazing!

Vito

Site Supporter
Some cats really seem to have an amazing ability to tune in to our well being and offer their support. Especially considering they evolved from a species that is a solitary hunter with no observable long term relationships. I am not even sure how that happens!

HB is extremely sensitive and sweet in his own way. When he was a kitten, he would sometimes lay in my bed under the covers for a few minutes, but after he was 6 months he began to show a strong aversion if I even offered him a spot. He is a loyal and dedicated cuddler, but usually only comfortable to be in the crook of my legs on top of the covers. Except when he was about 14 -15 months old, when it was the first year anniversary of Moggie's death, he spent 3 whole nights, under the covers, pressed up against me. And he also did this the night after I took him to the vet for his first extreme herpes flare up. I had been assured I could see the vet I wanted to see, and not the vet I really did not want to see, and when I got there they tried to send me to the vet I did not want to see, and who I have zero trust for at this point. I ended up sitting in the parking lot with HB, for an hour waiting to see the vet I trusted, because the waiting room was full of dogs and people all of which terrify HB, even from far away, knowing stress could make his condition worse. It was really upsetting, and that night, again HB spent the night right beside me under the covers. I really think he knew how I felt and wanted to comfort me, even though he hates being under the covers.

But it isn't just Savannahs that have amazed me with how much they can care. My last random bred cat was really really really really shy. Even people who came over regularly never saw him. But one time I was in my house with a couple guests, and something very sad was happening and I started to cry. And in came my super shy, never before seen kitty, who without any hesitation headed straight for my chest and put his heart next to mine, repeatedly head butting me, and totally ignoring the other people in the kitchen. It was so totally out of character for him, I was really deeply touched by that! Cats are amazing!
They really are quite amazing. I've spent most of today in bed due to the pain I'm in and I've had Vito in under the covers and Franco lying across my legs, as Bridgett says they behave ike nurses :) usually of an afternoon they would be racing around chasing each other but not today, two of them haven't left my side. Their so gentle and caring cats.

Sean

Site Supporter
Bella has never shown that type of worryAnd Xander every once in a while will show that.
The cat that was so worried that I was in trouble was Daphne and she was a Himalayan mix.

Daffy Cat DSC02159.JPG

Hippy

Site Supporter
When my wife puts the dishes into the dishwasher or takes them out my male sits there whinning as Lloyd's as he can.. Till she is done maken noise...

They are up on and off all night running on there wheel...

They just about wore the bearings out. It hums so loud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk