1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Don't you hate it when...

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Trish Allearz, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Okay- maybe it's my problem... And this is embarrassing- LOL.

First, I hate it when visitors come to my house and have to use the bathroom. Because then I have to race ahead of them to the bathroom and pull out the hidden toilet paper so they can 'do their deed'. Seriously- my F1 is horrible with toilet paper. Oddly- the only thing that has worked is a purse hanging off the towel rack with the toilet paper in the purse. He opens drawers to go for the toilet paper, he climbs to the top of the medicine cabinet for toilet paper, he has dug under towels for the toilet paper, and pre-fluffed the TP when we tried a TP cover. The only thing he has not figured out (and I don't know why) is the magic purse!

And then... I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT when I go in the bathroom... You know that moment, when you go and no one is around- the cats aren't around for once, the dogs aren't around, the kids are in another room and it's like, "Ahhh... quiet!". THEN you realize the ONE roll of TP you keep in the bathroom is GONE and you need to duck walk down the hall to get a darn roll of TP because you can't KEEP the whole block of toilet paper in the bathroom like a NORMAL PERSON.

Yep. You gotta love these cats. LOL. Otherwise, you wouldn't rearrange your whole life around their naughtiness!

• Like Like x 4
  2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Trish, you are so crazy - LOL!!! But for me it is different...now that I hop longer have a kitten in the house, we no longer have the TP problem. But...Zuri eats her prey in the BR, which is why I have relegated her to the bathtub to eat...this way, I can wash and clean every day and no one is the wiser...

3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Hey- that's not fair! I'm sure others have these types of problems too! ROFL! Yeah, Kay recommended the tub for raw feeding too. Ewww. Ewww...

Hey- what do you clean up with after they eat? I thought I'd read of a hydrogen peroxide something mix versus using bleach or another caustic substance.

4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

LOL!!! I'm sure they do ;)

I use the clorox cleaner with bleach and then make sure I wash completely so there is no bleach or anything left...

5. waitingforgeorge

waitingforgeorge George's brother

Hmmm....or maybe a firehouse like at the zoo :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Nope. I think it's just you........I keed, I keed. Mine perform the Edward Scissorhand schtick when we have visitors. It's uncanny; embarrassing too, to have one's guests stranded in the bathroom trying to figure out whether to call for help or try to use snowflake-sized toilet paper.

What's worse is when visitors (because friends wouldn't do it), come in for the first time, see the bath towels wrapped around the dining room chairs, 50 or so toys scattered about in addition to cardboard boxes, cat tunnels and beds and exclaim "Isn't this a bit excessive?" :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

My kids are too lazy to use that.out would require actually closing it back up. Too hard for the sixteen and twelve year old!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

I hate to brag, but at my house TP, Kleenex and paper towels are safe from prying paws! I don't know why....they are all left out on the counter and whatnot. None of my SVs are the least interested in shredding them.....I must have defective Savannahs! lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

TP safe here as well...when Zuri is bored, she does start in on the Paper towels, but that is not too often ;) Taj does not do any of that...he did as a kitten, but quickly grew out of...I think most kittens like TP - savannahs or not

• Like Like x 2