1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Door cat ?

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Photos | Savannah Kitten Photos' started by Ashley, May 19, 2012.

1. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

While Kovu may not be destroying the house with shredded TP & Paper Towels (lol) I did wake up to find this sight today. I thought it was part of my dream when I heard meowing, hissing, and the sound of cat claws on the door, but it was NOT a dream. lol

I'm assuming he jumped on the dresser & from the dresser jumped to the door. He's been keeping an eye on it lately. Yesterday he'd just sit on the dresser & look at the top of the door, meowing. He was too scared to jump down tho. Had to get on a chair to reach him & assist him down. Hopefully he doesn't try it while I'm not at home... he might be stuck for a while.haha

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      34.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      50.3 KB
      Views:
  2. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Ugh, I hate it when mine do this. They are capable getting down by themselves but I always worry that they'll injure themselves. My F6 is pretty adept at it but my F2s get all wobbly legged which makes the door swing and then they panic. No wonder I drink:big grin:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ashley

Yeah, he was starting to freak out & was all clawing at the sides trying NOT to fall. I did make sue he was stable before I grabbed the camera. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Just wait. His next feat will probably be trying to balance on the top of the door frame. Ya know, if he thinks he's mastered standing on a 1" wide surface, why not try 1/4"? My door frames show the folly of that behavior. We need to add removing all doors and framework to our "savannah proofing your house" list.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ashley

The door FRAME? Oh my! He also likes to hang out on the banister, and that worries me too. I couldn't imagine seeing him on the door frame!

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

IDK - I think Kovu is picking up some bad habits :roflmao:

7. Ashley

I know! :( With his love of wires & now jumping on the door I'm like geez, why must you pick the DANGEROUS things to do?!

8. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

LOL, I have several cats who love to hang out on the top of doors! I have even had a couple fight over the spot in the past :)
    Akilah and Rocky Fight for the Shower Door.jpg