1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

F1 chews plastic

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Questions? Need Savannah Cat Advice?' started by Sean, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Sean

Sean Savannah Super Cat

My 2 year old F1 spayed female LOVES to chew any thing covered in plastic
    Ziploc bags are top on the target list. Why does she do this and how do I discourage it?
    Water spray bottle is useless she likes that too.
    The one plus is she does not chew cords.
    I just don't want to have the vet need to remove the plastic from her gut

I don't have this problem with the 2 neutered males they are about 1 1/2 years old.

Thanks
    Sean

2. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

I dont know what we'd do if Kovu & Sarabi liked the water bottle.. we'd be in trouble. They aren't too bad with plastic but headphone wires & hair ties are like drugs to them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

There are many cats who chew on plastic - that is one of those things you need to keep out of reach...I have to keep any kind of paper hidden away from Zuri, whether it be bills or anything else...you might try one of the bitter apple sprays...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dantes

Dantes Guest

My cats have started going after my bed spread. Really annoying teh whole sucking on the bed spread thing, try spraying that with bitter apple....

Not to mention that they are tearing it to shreds, and it was my favorite.

5. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

Mine just love anything made from wool. Same cure, keep it out of reach! As to why they chew, well, some humans chew pens and pencils...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sean

Sean Savannah Super Cat

Bella shredded one set of sheets. I found out why Air bubbles made the surface move
    more than the rest of the bed. So I burped the bed and she quit. BTW it's a waterbed
    She is so bad about any plastic she will go after something that you just set down.
    The reason the spray bottle does not work is she has jumped into the shower
    with me once or twice. If I leave a tube of water she will get in and play with
    a stuffed mouse toy (name of the game drowned the mouse) So water just means
    play time as far as she is concerned.

Thanks
    Sean

• Like Like x 1
  7. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

Seems you were lucky it was just the sheet, I know some cats here who would really, but really, love thrashing a waterbed!
    :)
    p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sean

Sean Savannah Super Cat

I think if she wanted to she would be hip deep in the bed.

Sean

• Like Like x 1
  9. Patty

Patty Breeding Savannahs for the Home

My F1 loves fabric. Doesn't matter what kind, as long as it is fabric. She ate the corner of a brand new recliner!

10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Wow...that is unbelievable! Well, not really ;)