Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

F3 16 week old kitten

D

Darien

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and am in the process of owning an F3 SV male kitten that is 16 weeks old. I have been doing a lot of on line research and seen one where they said the cat should have raw meat everyday. Is this true? I bought him from a breeder in Florida and my wife is driving down to pick him up. His father is a SBT Savannah stud and his mother is a F2B. We are excited about getting him and I am sure he will liven up the house. I have a 2 yr old redbone coonhound, hope they become good friends. Just wanted to say hi and will be reading everything on this forum before bugging you with to many questions.
Thanks for the membership.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Welcome Darien! Congrats on your new addition! There are lots of threads about diet. Savannahs can be fed like a regular cat. I personally prefer raw, but there are many people on here that stick to kibble. Regardless, you should keep him on whatever the breeder is feeding him until he gets settled.

Have you named him yet?

D

Darien

Thank you Kristin. That is going to be the plan for now then slowly work in some chicken legs. How do they like fish?

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I personally stay away from fish for the most part, due to the mercury content. I think some people on here feed some fish. My girl also has a sensitive stomach, so I have to be cautious about what she eats. Right now she is on a lamb elimination diet, but she loves to eat it off the bone when I get her some.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Darien. Welcome. Little Mr. No name is a handsome young man.
I feed my girls Royan Cainin Canned and Taste of the wild Kibble. And the oldest gets Fancy Feast as a temptation. I am trying to bond with her since I just got her 2 weeks ago and she is skittish. I will use ANY method to win her trust. But the choice of food will be what he likes and what you can afford. My girls are petite, so they don't eat as much as your boy will. He looks pretty awsome.
I agree with Kristin on the fish. Too much chance of mercury. Mine don't care for it anyway. Beef and chicken. Like their human dad.
Again, welcome and Pictures Pictures pictures.

wfraser1955

Savannah Super Cat
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and am in the process of owning an F3 SV male kitten that is 16 weeks old. I have been doing a lot of on line research and seen one where they said the cat should have raw meat everyday. Is this true? I bought him from a breeder in Florida and my wife is driving down to pick him up. His father is a SBT Savannah stud and his mother is a F2B. We are excited about getting him and I am sure he will liven up the house. I have a 2 yr old redbone coonhound, hope they become good friends. Just wanted to say hi and will be reading everything on this forum before bugging you with to many questions.
Thanks for the membership.
Welcome Darian, is your new boy " Adonis" from Kim? He's a real looker :)

D

Darien

I do agree about the fish. I forgot all about that other stuff. Yes his name is Adonis from Kim. I think he is an awesome looking cat. Cant wait to meet him.

wfraser1955

Savannah Super Cat
I do agree about the fish. I forgot all about that other stuff. Yes his name is Adonis from Kim. I think he is an awesome looking cat. Cant wait to meet him.
When I seen him on Kims site I tried to talk my wife into letting me buy him, there's just something about his look that I really liked. Unfortunately she figured that 3 cats was enough ( only one savannah ) Some days she's no fun ..lol I hope you post lots of pics as he grows, I think he's gonna be an awesome cat.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Hi Darien, welcome to the site. I am afraid that you have it all wrong......you are not in the process of owning an F3 SV male kitten... you are in the process of BEING OWNED by an F3 SV male kitten. ;)

Many of us on this site do feed our cats raw but the main thing is feeding him high quality food. Oh, and from the looks of your handsome little boy....LOTS of it!

D

Darien

that is what I thought, he is a good looking cat and he looks just like his father.