1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

F3 kitten

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Health' started by NikkiA, Aug 27, 2012.

1. NikkiA

NikkiA Site Supporter

Our F3 kitten, Jarvis, turns six months old today. He is 9.8lbs. This seems huge to me, but my kitty experience is pretty limited.
    Our F5 boy, D, was 7 lbs at six months old; at 13 months, he is now a long and lean 14.7 lbs.
    I know there is a lot of variation in Savannah size; any idea how large we should expect Jarvis to get?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Nope. You can't tell how big a kitten will get. If he has large bones and paws, sometimes that is a good indicator. Also they tend to get larger if raised on a balanced raw diet. Just my experience.

3. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Jacqui, that a balance raw diet maximizes their growth but there is just no way to tell how large they will get. Some definitely surprise us!

Remember that the Serval matures late so will continue to grow well past a year of age but the domestic cat tends to do most its growing in that first year....so with Savannahs we can't predict which way they will go, some will do most their growing in the first year, some grow significantly in their second and third years.