1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Fascinating Reading about Animal Planet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trish Allearz, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Okay- so maybe I was a bit foolish, but once upon a time- I believed AP was an educational channel...

Yeah, well- then I woke up!

Anyways- this is an interesting (if long) read by an individual who agreed to be featured on Animal Planet. It's kinda funny too- the author is quite verbose and you can tell knowledgeable about snakes and snake bites. It shows how easily the AR can slant anything!

http://www.capefearserpentarium.com/Fatalattractions.pdf

• Like Like x 4
  2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Wow - this is a great article - thanks for sharing.

3. Dantes

Dantes Guest

This makes me really happy to not have cable tv. And here I thought I was missing good shows. If half of what this guy writes is true, Animal Planet is a scary network.

4. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

That's why I have no interest in ever seeing this show.

5. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

Shared. Yup I now told my boys (the cats lol) no more animal planet they loved watching it. I spend all the shows wondering what's actally true and it makes me too angry to watch.

6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I rarely watch that show...and especially after what they did to the Chausie on Cats 101...

7. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

I didn't see that show, don't watch much tv. What happened?

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

They really kind of trashed the Chausie as not a good pet, for the most part. Took everything out of context - it was terrible.

9. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

Argh, yeah not shocked. I'm so glad miracle does great in public with strangers because it helps when they say oh I heard this, and have a nice big sweetie pie in front of them saying nope I'm nice.

• Like Like x 3
  10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

The Chausie makes a wonderful pet from what I understand...ask anyone who owns a Chausie, especially a lower gen...

• Like Like x 1