Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Feeling Down

Brandy DW

Missing Neka, Loving Sabriel, Nakaia, & Trance
Ugh, okay this is just me venting because I need to talk and let my fears, frustrations and sadness out. A year ago today is when I brought Neka to the emergency vet because she had been acting odd for several weeks and the day I brought her in she was open mouth panting but hadn't been moving around. Did an x-ray, fluid in the chest cavity - was initially told fip, ended up being lymphoma. Put her down on Sept 10th, after it likely spread to her brain. --- That's a very quick sum up of what I'm thinking about today, that whole agonizing experience...

But on top of that Sabriel has been acting off for the past week, I had to mix kitty junk food in with her normal meal in order to get her to eat it (fancy feast dry cat food), and since I added that she's been eating her food - which now I only sprinkle the junk food on top. So I wasn't too worried, just thought she might be bored of the usual fare. But then today when I went to feed her, she was sitting in the window ledge and she was making the gulping motions and licking her lips a lot - which I know from Neka is when cats feel nausea. I'm thinking and hoping it's just a hairball because she's already had two this summer - and she is still eating and still active. Although she's been laying down a lot more, usually she's running running running, but she'll lay down for attention now which I kind of like but it's odd behavior wise. I'll just keep an eye out for things because she has had some odd occurrences in the past that ended up being absolutely nothing.

Just right now I'm feeling miserable thinking of last year, and then wondering omg what if it happens again...

For now I gave Sabriel some laxatone (likely misspelled) for the likely hairball... I think I'm just going to lay down and try not to think today, maybe find a movie to watch or a book to read or something to get me to stop thinking...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Brandy, I am so sorry about what happened with Neka, and understand the pain of it cropping up after a year. The one year mark is so hard...
Often animals will show symptoms or stress when their owners are thinking of, or in stressful situations. It isn't uncommon for humans and their pet to share a sickness. Sabriel *could* be feeling your stress and be reacting accordingly.
On another note, Zeddie has been pukey this summer, so I have been adding some digestive enzymes into her food, which has helped.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yes, the anxiety and fear is understandable.... I sincerely hope that Sabriel is bouncing around tomorrow like there was never anything at all wrong!

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
I'm sorry about Neka. It is heartache/ heart break when we lose a beloved pet and the anniversary so difficult. I hope all is well with Sabriel.

Brandy DW

Missing Neka, Loving Sabriel, Nakaia, & Trance
Okay just got done feeding Sabriel this morning, she went straight to her food dish and started eating. Didn't see any type of throw up (hairballs included), so I think the laxatone worked if it was that. She wasn't acting odd either. So all seems to be well... Thanks for letting me vent yesterday.