1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Finally! An awesome show of trust!

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Laura W, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Laura W

Laura W Savannah Super Cat

Another first for Echo! He just walked up to me and put his head in my hand and we have spent the last 30 minutes or so with love, scratches and petting all over him. You can just feel the muscles through out his body. It has taken 8 months to get to this point and I finally feel like he realizes how much I love the big ole kitty! :big grin:

• Like Like x 15
  2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

How awesome, Laura!!! That is outstanding news!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I'm sure it was an incredible experience Laura! Your love and patience is paying off, and Echo is finally realizing the benefits of owning a human! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

That´s great!

• Like Like x 1
  5. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

I'm seriously verklempt Laura. So very happy for the both of you.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Laura W

Thanks everyone. Probably not such a big deal to someone who's kitty has always been loving and affectionate, or if you could even touch them. For Echo, it is monumental for him to show this much trust. When he came to live with us at 2 1/2 yrs old, if you even looked at him, he was so scared he was incontinent of bowel and bladder.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Laura, what you and Echo have accomplished is nothing short of amazing!

I have tears in my eyes imagining that moment when Echo reached out to you :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

It is HUGE, Laura! To win his trust and love is a major accomplishment and I am sure he won't look back from now on.

I am so very happy for you...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

Brigitte is right! This is a HUGE step that you both have taken! BRAVO to your patience and perseverance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Laura W

Still continuing to ask to be touched. Makes my day!tri big grin:

• Like Like x 4