1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

First long walk!

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Photos | Savannah Kitten Photos' started by Nitro, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Nitro

Nitro and his servant, Paul

I took Nitro to the local nature center today, with my mom and her fancy SLR in tow. Despite this being only his 5th time on a leash and him being unfixed + 4.5 months old, he was so incredibly well behaved! We were outside for nearly 1.5 hours and, short of going at a slow pace, had no issues whatsoever!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Wow, some great pics there, and Nitro is one handsome hunk!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. F/3

F/3 Savannah Super Cat

Great pictures,
    The only reason I haven't taken simba out for a walk is that I'm afraid that something might spoke him and cause him to panic. I can just picture him trying to climb up my body or just plain freaking out.

4. ScottKelly911

ScottKelly911 Savannah Super Cat

Awesome pictures! Nitro looks like he had a great time :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Awesome pics Paul! Nitro looks as though he is having a blast! Thanks for sharing!

6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

mark, it does happen. I started taj out as a very young kitten and he did get spooked, wiggled out of his harness and ran - home! I was petrified, but there he was sitting at my front door when I had been searching for him...so you must make sure his harness or leash fits him very well...and take him out the first few times and just sit with him, perhaps...not even walk...let him smell and sniff his surroundings.

7. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Great pics! Nitro is so handsome....he def. enjoyed himself!

I love the look on his face in the car :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nitro

Nitro and his servant, Paul

Haha, for that final one, he was enjoying the air vent :)

• Like Like x 2