1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Flooring - Savannah Proof

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, Aug 28, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Ok, so I need to put in Laminate flooring and get rid of my carpet...any suggestions? I do not want to put in real wood -laminate is my choice.

2. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

In most of the house I have laminate from a local carpet place, not Pergo, but similar and it's great. In the office, I installed Trafficmaster Allure vinyl plank flooring and I love it. It's kind of a peel & stick, easy to install, and you can install hardwood or carpet over it without a hassle. My neighbor did her whole house in it and she has 4 dogs and it's definitely up to the challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

I like the sound of the high traffic vinyl plank flooring...will have to take a look...Home Depot wants $400 just to take up the carpet...wth???

4. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

If you've ever tried to do it yourself $400 might seem like a deal - but only if it includes pulling up the tack strips and ripping out all the nails.

• Like Like x 1
  5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Yeah...I know, but then they want more more money to move the furniture as well...I am going to a local store instead for pricing tomorrow.

6. KMcgown

KMcgown Site Supporter

I pulled up carpet and put in the Trafficmaster as well. It was very easy installation and has worked out great!

• Like Like x 1
  7. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Thanks Kathy! Good to know...this will be in my bedroom as well, so do you think it will work?

8. KMcgown

KMcgown Site Supporter

Yes. let me find the pic i took with the room empty. It looks really nice and i have no issue. I do have some throw rugs they lay on and i just wash them. Let me look :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Cool, thanks kathy!

10. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Here's a few shots of the Trafficmaster installed in my office.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1