Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Foreign Body Procedure

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Per, thanks for the reply!

We caught it VERY early. He had no dead tissue that needed to be removed, he actually still had stool in his intestine so it wasn't blocked long.

He has been much better this morning, which is day 3 of being home. He was very vocal at the vet so they were afraid to get near him (ha!). We got him home and he was super lovey and very excited to be home.

I think he may have just needed to relax after being away as he he is acting much more normal today.

We have an appointment on Wednesday or Thursday to get the cone taken off. He hates the cone.....

Thanks!

So glad that he is doing well, seems that he is well on his way to recovery! Whew!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Great to hear he is perking up! I've heard of other cats that took three days after anesthesia to get back to their usual selves so glad he is following suit...

Tigitodwitz

Savannah Super Cat
tank you Trish for you answer. I will know. Thank you
My Isabis too had to have a foreign object removed. However, she was eating normally, not throwing up, and pooping just fine so I had no idea until I came home from work one day. She was doing a weird stomach breathing thing. It's kind of hard to describe. It looked like as if her stomach had lungs and were breathing heavily. Her actual lungs were not doing the moving it was her stomach. So she did this for hours and it was alarming to look at, and she was a lot calmer than usual. She became very affectionate towards me and wanted to sit in my lap which was also unusual, so I took her into the emergency vet around 4 am. They did an X-ray and saw the quarter sized round mysterious object in her stomach. The vet said it had been in there for a while. So LUCKILY it didn't turn out to be a life threatening situation, so I took her to my vet and scheduled a surgery a few days later. It turned out to be a soft, rubbery object the shape and size of a quarter. I still have no idea where she got it from!

Tigitodwitz

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks me too! We were lucky it wasn't blocking anything. She definitely can be a handful. She reminds me of a two year old child that has to explore objects with her mouth. Thankfully her older sister isn't like this.