1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Frank question about breeders

Discussion in 'Purchasing a Savannah Cat' started by waitingforgeorge, Jan 30, 2012.

1. waitingforgeorge

waitingforgeorge George's brother

Is there anyone or more than one person who has been around long enough to offer some frank observations about breeders if private messaged with specific issues. Not to run down but maybe to direct to where to find more information or offer advice

2. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure... imho I'd feel suspect of someone that would bitch about their fellow breeders behind their backs. You would have more success looking for people to recommend their fellow breeder. I'm happy to tell you if I know another breeder well enough to vouch for them...but I'm not going to diss others. That kind of thing is detrimental to our breed community!

• Like Like x 1
  3. waitingforgeorge

I understand. That completely. I seem to find myself in a dilemma about two different situations, neither one is detrimental toward either breeder. But not questions I would like to ask on public forum

4. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Then maybe choose any of the contributors here that you think would be able to advise and try messaging them privately? You can email me at brigitte@kirembosavannahs.com if you wish :)

5. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Brigitte is an honest and reliable person to bounce things off of. But yeah, I would rather recommend a good breeder then discuss one I don't care for.

6. waitingforgeorge

It is difficult to be a new buyer with all the "buyer beware" that goes along with that as well as the emotional aspect of planning a long time for a new member of the family. It is doubly difficult to be a breeder and run a business efficiently, while reassuring a buyer they are okay, trying to insure their cats go to the best lifetime home, and also dealing with the myrid of inquires that will generally not pan out to be a buyer after much time and effort is spent. This is true in everything we buy, but emotional stakes are much higher when it is a pet, cat, dog, horse etc. Sometimes as a consumer it is hard to put myself in the sellers shoes, because I am emotional, I expect them to be. I have Internationally adopted children, that process is very similar, it is so emotional as the parent and a business for the agency, we want the agency to be emotional right along with us but they can't be, they have a job to do. Having this forum to come to helps tremedously and I want to thank everyone who responded so positivly to this post.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

You are absolutely right. I was both excited and terrified when I bought my first Savannah! Thank goodness, he was purring when he came out of the crate. I was also petrified when I brought my French Bulldog home!

• Like Like x 2
  8. DocMac

DocMac Guest

I practically accused the breeder I got my first Savannah from as a scammer. I Googled her house, and was a nervous wreck until I had my kitty. She was on TICA, so, I finally relaxed with my Djembe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riverridgefarm-com.webs.com
    Riverridgesavannahs@yahoo.com

• Like Like x 2
  9. DocMac

DocMac Guest

Our Korean-born daughter joined our family 29 years ago at 5 months old. We dealt with Catholic Charities, so I never thought scammer, but it was very nerve-wracking. ♥

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riverridgefarm-com.webs.com
    Riverridgesavannahs@yahoo.com

• Like Like x 1
  10. Patty

Patty Breeding Savannahs for the Home

It is very hard to be a new wanta be owner. The best suggestion is to ask many, many questions! I would much rather spend my time answering questions than to get an email stating "I want that kitten, how much"!

• Like Like x 3