1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Good Pets for your pet?

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Questions? Need Savannah Cat Advice?' started by Charley, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Charley

Charley Savannah Super Cat

What do you think is a good partner for a hyper active Savannah? I'd like to get another kitty but I think we'll wait a bit on that. I think we are looking for a dog.

I had thought: Beagel, German Shepherd or Chocolate/Black Lab.

What do you think?

2. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

We have a Doxie that is the perfect kitten socializer!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

I got a beagle pup at the same time as my first Savannah kitten... nearly 11 years ago now :)

Cooper and Bobo became great friends and remain so....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

B- can I use this pic on Save Our Savannahs?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charley

Charley Savannah Super Cat

Awwwww I love the beagle and savannah! We really wanted a beagle before we got Jengo but thought a hyper pet would be out of the question...I doubt a beagle can out-hyper Jengo! Geeez!

I think something fun with a good personality will be good for Jengo and a dog because my bf wants something really lovey and less particular, lol!

6. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Trish, YES you can use the pics. I feel terrible that I haven't hunted out other pics for you as I do have a collection of such things... just so many tasks in my day lately :-(

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I think any active animal - dog or cat - will go well with a Savannah.

8. Kronos

Kronos Guest

I have a lazy cat and an active dog, they both get along well with my SV. Pick a companion that you will really enjoy, as long as you get it as a young baby it should grow up being good friends with the cat.

My dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, they are a breed known for being super happy and sociable, and always getting along with other creatures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2