1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

1. waitingforgeorge

waitingforgeorge George's brother

It seems there have been a few missing/escaped Savannah's just recently. It has got my husband and I thinking and talking about prevention and what do we do if it happens. I have gained a lot of insight in regards to some training that can help but he asked if anyone was using GPS? Seems like a good question. Is anyone using a Gps on a collar as a security measure? If so what kind works the best etc. Advice on them

2. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Brigitte has tried them, so she would be the best person to answer. But here is a brand new GPS coming out that is lightweight and small: http://www.catgpstracking.com/ - I think Brigitte said the Pet Tracker was a bit too large for her cats.

This one looks much lighter than Pet tracker: http://www.loc8tor.com/ and I believe Brigitte has tried this one as well.

3. waitingforgeorge

I found this one this morning, it is supported by Apple and At&t, wish I had a better idea how big it really is
    www.pocketfinder.com

4. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

How big is my PocketFinder GPS device?

The device is about 2 inches and is circular in shape. It fits comfortably in the palm of a hand or in a pocket! Take a look at the FAQ's...

5. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

A lot of Savannah owners do not keep collars on their Kitties, do not sure a GPS collar would work.it would be nice if microchips were trackable.

6. waitingforgeorge

If someone can solve the battery drain issue on GPS systems these things will go like crazy, we can get implantable ones then. I have seen some photos of them on a collar, looked very impractical, on a harness looked much better

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kiangagirl

Kiangagirl Savannah Super Cat

I just noticed that my two F2 snow kittens have greenish-gold eyes instead of the aqua I was expecting (I thought they were seal minks). Green or gold eyes means they are seal sepia isn't that right?

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

That is the way I understand it...since this post is under a GPS thread and I cannot move individual posts, please repost on the breeders forum. Lori breeds snows, so can probably be more definitive.

9. Jacq

Jacq Savannah Super Cat

It seems like a trackable microchip is the way to go. Paige, you're a techie, get to it! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Would make a fortune, I think...I'll get right to work on it tri cool:

• Like Like x 1