1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Grain-free/natural dry food

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Diet/Raw Food Diet' started by phoenix3200, May 23, 2012.

1. Nitro

Nitro and his servant, Paul

I am aware there is a decent amount of debate for wet vs dry vs raw (and I don't want to get in any debate over them here), but I haven't seen any good glossary for quality dry food. Since I have two Bengals and will soon be getting a F2 Savannah, I figured it would be an appropriate time to do research into some of the food choices.

Let me know if there is any other pertinent information you'd like me to include, or if I've missed any popular brands. I'm not very knowledgeable into details about vitamins.

Also, I have fed my Bengals with Innova Evo and Blue Buffalo Wilderness, and the Savannah I'm getting is being fed Solid Gold Indigo Moon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ashley

Ashley Savannah Super Cat

My computer isn't allowing me to open the file. (Its not the file, my computer is just... special.) Anyway, we've only ever fed Kovu Blue Buffalo Wilderness.

3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Thanks for the info, phoenix3200...that is really awesome. Ic an't think of anything you have left out at this moment.

4. DocMac

DocMac Guest

I like the chart. Thank you.

5. Julie

Julie Savannah Super Cat

Before Grain was left out. Not sure manufactor of it though.

6. Nitro

Nitro and his servant, Paul

Added it (and a few more brands). I'm not trying to capture all of the variations, but at least get some of the more notable players on the list.

Although I personally would avoid any of the brands with <40% protein, e.g., Science Diet.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sunny

Sunny Loyal Servant

This is an awesome list! Thank you for assembling it. But, there's three missing columns/things that would make it even better and I hate myself for being 'that guy' for even mentioning it.

Moisture %
    Fiber %
    Ash %