Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Harness or Walking Jacket Suggestions, Please.

admin

Paige
Staff member
These are what I start my kittens with. The medium is just the right size for kittens about 3 months old, and I also have the large size if needed. You can't beat the price, including leash!

Those are cool, Pam!!! I may use them next time...

A

Annalee

Cool, thanks. I just ordered a medium and a large SuperPet harness, for $12, can't beat that price for training harnesses. Going to test them out on our F4 male "Kimbo Slice" who is a lanky 11-12 lbs. (Pictured Left) Thanks a bunch!

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
These are what I start my kittens with. The medium is just the right size for kittens about 3 months old, and I also have the large size if needed. You can't beat the price, including leash!
I got that same one less than a week ago, Kovu has used it twice & its already falling apart. :( Have you run into that issue at all, or did I just get one with a fluke? Btw, there are two places where the seams started to come apart.

D

Dantes

Hi all, I just wanted to update you on the little ferret walking jacket Duma's been using. So far it's okay, and it still fits...but he is growing like a WEED and it is not going to fit in a matter of weeks (possibly days). It does stretch, but I can see it stretching itself out of shape. Duma's still just over 4 pounds...but I think I'm going to contact the Joycatz lady and see if I can get something a little more substantial for this little bruiser lololol Still think it's worth the few $ it cost just for him to have the experience of having a jacket on as a baby, but he's growing into such a big boy!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I like Joykatz but honestly, I love Arden's walking jackets...much sturdier, IMO. Take a look at Taj and Zuri's jackets in the video section. And then if you want Arden's info, I can give it to you...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I like Arden's jackets for my larger (e.g., F1) cats but I find them otherwise too bulky and restrictive for my 'normal' sized cats. I think it is because of how wide she makes the velcro straps around the neck and chest.

Paul B

Sorte
Anyone have any tips on getting them used to using the leash after getting them used to wearing the jacket? All he wants to do is roll around on the floor and wrap himself up and chew on it every now and then, LOL!