Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hasn't Pooped?

lrmichelle

Lauren
Quick question - Vienna is on a raw diet, and always has been. She's been home since Sunday night. She doesn't eat a whole lot, but she's still eaten plenty. She's peed several times, but hasn't pooped yet. Is this normal for a kitten on a raw diet, or should I be concerned?

DChap

Site Supporter
Mine poops way less on the raw. And didn't go for the first three days after we brought him home. I gave him a little canned pumpkin and that seemed to get him going.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
This happened to me about four months ago when Babbage's sister Nia went to her new home. She didn't poop for three days and had us all (her new owners and me) very worried. She was playful, active, happy ...eating and drinking and peeing though so I told them to wait a couple days...and just as they were deciding it was time for the vet she just pooped. I think maybe in a strange new home they might just not feel comfy enough to poop or something? Not sure but Nia has been perfect for them ever since and I am sure Vienna will be too :)

S

shelby

Quick question - Vienna is on a raw diet, and always has been. She's been home since Sunday night. She doesn't eat a whole lot, but she's still eaten plenty. She's peed several times, but hasn't pooped yet. Is this normal for a kitten on a raw diet, or should I be concerned?
I agree with Brigitte and the others. Change can and does cause this to happen sometimes. I am sure the litter box will get broken in very soon;>)

I'm assuming you have her quarantined with her own (new?) litterbox? Are you using the same litter that the breeder used? Although, if she didn't like the litter or litterbox and she really had to go, it probably wouldn't stop her from just going outside the box. Agree with the others that it may be just the fact she's in a new environment and to give it a little more time.

lrmichelle

Lauren
Okay, thanks, everyone. I don't think it's a litter box problem, because she's peed plenty and doesn't seem to have an issue with using the litter box. She's also eating quite a bit, so I don't think it's constipation. I'll let you know what happens. If she doesn't go tomorrow, I'll probably call Mike and Sandy and might have to take her to the vet.

lrmichelle

Lauren
Oh, I'm sorry! She did go, the night of the third day. Seems to be the magic number. I've never feed a cat raw before, so I didn't realize that they go a whole lot less often. She's been fine ever since! I can't say I mind fewer poops! I seem to be on the forum a little less often now that I can see my little furry bundle of joy rather than being jealous of other people's : P

Not to mention, being busy keeping this crazy girl out of trouble! Her favorite game is to pounce on my head whenever I'm sitting down...lol.