1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Hasn't Pooped?

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Health' started by lrmichelle, Jun 12, 2012.

1. lrmichelle

lrmichelle Lauren

Quick question - Vienna is on a raw diet, and always has been. She's been home since Sunday night. She doesn't eat a whole lot, but she's still eaten plenty. She's peed several times, but hasn't pooped yet. Is this normal for a kitten on a raw diet, or should I be concerned?

2. lrmichelle

lrmichelle Lauren

She doesn't seem sick at all, but I'm just wondering.

3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

I would say if she's acting fine and eating, I wouldn't worry about it. Constipation- you can tell when they QUIT eating.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DChap

DChap Site Supporter

Mine poops way less on the raw. And didn't go for the first three days after we brought him home. I gave him a little canned pumpkin and that seemed to get him going.

5. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

This happened to me about four months ago when Babbage's sister Nia went to her new home. She didn't poop for three days and had us all (her new owners and me) very worried. She was playful, active, happy ...eating and drinking and peeing though so I told them to wait a couple days...and just as they were deciding it was time for the vet she just pooped. I think maybe in a strange new home they might just not feel comfy enough to poop or something? Not sure but Nia has been perfect for them ever since and I am sure Vienna will be too :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. shelby

shelby Guest

I agree with Brigitte and the others. Change can and does cause this to happen sometimes. I am sure the litter box will get broken in very soon;>)

• Like Like x 2
  7. xumi's mom

xumi's mom Susan

I'm assuming you have her quarantined with her own (new?) litterbox? Are you using the same litter that the breeder used? Although, if she didn't like the litter or litterbox and she really had to go, it probably wouldn't stop her from just going outside the box. Agree with the others that it may be just the fact she's in a new environment and to give it a little more time.

8. lrmichelle

lrmichelle Lauren

Okay, thanks, everyone. I don't think it's a litter box problem, because she's peed plenty and doesn't seem to have an issue with using the litter box. She's also eating quite a bit, so I don't think it's constipation. I'll let you know what happens. If she doesn't go tomorrow, I'll probably call Mike and Sandy and might have to take her to the vet.

9. xumi's mom

xumi's mom Susan

Inquiring minds want to know... Can we get a poop report on Vienna?

• Like Like x 2
  10. lrmichelle

lrmichelle Lauren

Oh, I'm sorry! She did go, the night of the third day. Seems to be the magic number. I've never feed a cat raw before, so I didn't realize that they go a whole lot less often. She's been fine ever since! I can't say I mind fewer poops! I seem to be on the forum a little less often now that I can see my little furry bundle of joy rather than being jealous of other people's : P

Not to mention, being busy keeping this crazy girl out of trouble! Her favorite game is to pounce on my head whenever I'm sitting down...lol.

• Like Like x 4