1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

He wet the bed!!

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by AprilAnn, Aug 31, 2012.

1. AprilAnn

AprilAnn Savannah Super Cat

A couple days ago I climbed into bed and noticed a wet spot... Low and behold, it was pee. I tried to figure out why and I came to the conclusion that he wet the bed when I had briefly went into the bathroom and shut the door. Well this morning I woke up to the same fume... I wondered if maybe he still smelt a hint of his odor from before. Or is this going to end up being a problem? We have a litter box about 20 feet away. Why did he do it the 2nd time? And does anyone know of a good odor/stain remover for mattresses?

2. Patty

Patty Breeding Savannahs for the Home

I recommend anti icky poo. I think you have to buy it online. You have to make sure that you get the smell out. Even though you can't smell it, he can. You need to make sure that he doesn't have a UTI. Also you didn't say how old he is. If a kitten you might want to start from scratch and isolate him in a small room until he uses the box again.

• Like Like x 3
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Anti-icky Poo...you need to eliminate the smell entirely...are you using the same litter as the breeder did?

• Like Like x 1
  4. AprilAnn

The weird part about it is that he uses the litter box. I think he had to go pretty bad but the door was shut to the bathroom at the perfect time, so he decided to use the bed. :-/

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

So his box was in the bathroom and the door was shut? Yes, I would think that would be the reason he used the bed...kittens cannot hold it like adult cats.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

I would also put a plastic cover over your mattress.

7. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

I agree with the plastic mattress cover and cleaning thoroughly with anti icky poo. Also make sure there are no goose or down comforters or pillows on your bed - Savannahs love to pee on those! Oh, and keep the bathroom door open if possible, or have an additional litterbox in the bedroom.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Medesha

Medesha Savannah Super Cat

It also could have been his way of telling you to clean the litterbox. My Vakai wants his to be absolutely clean before he uses it, and if its not, he goes around meowing very loudly until I rectify it.

9. AprilAnn

Haha he has a very clean litter box. His poo is so stinky I immediately scoop it out and flush it lol.

10. AprilAnn

Okay... So last night our kitty was attacking us and we could not sleep. I put him in the spare room with his litter box and food, and when I came in this morning he had pooped on a blanket. I can't figure out where this is coming from! Between myself and my boyfriend someone is always home. Does anyone know what is creating this behavior? He is still using the litter box..