1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Head Butts

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by admin, Feb 6, 2012.

1. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Ok, is there something wrong with me? I can't remember a time when I wasn't getting head butted for one reason or another. Just sayin' ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

LOL. No, nothing wrong with you. I get head butts from all of the crew- even the little human boys around here :S

• Like Like x 2
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Glad to hear it is not just me...and your human boys are something special, that's all I can say ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Head butts are the best! They always make me smile :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Awww, sniff, I used to get head butts all the time when they were babies now I get them only when I'm preparing their food. I am head butt deprived.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tkymasters

tkymasters Guest

I get head butts when I'm watching tv.. when you don't see it coming, it can hit you on the jaw pretty good.. along with the toe bites and calf scratches.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

It´s their way of expressing their love for you, which they hope will lead to more attention, food and cuddles AT ONCE THANK YOU!
    I have exchanged a head-butt with a lynx once, now that was an incredible experience! But the cats do it all the time, I think it´s one way of reinforcing our dependence on them :big grin:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. I know that Coco knows that she can make me stop whatever I am doing by headbutting me...she does that silly headbutt where she runs into my leg and just stops there. I can't help but pet her and tell her how silly she is...

• Like Like x 4
  9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Same with Taj...and he doesn't stop until he gets what he wants. Zuri rarely does any head butting.

10. Per Lausund

Per Lausund Moderator Staff Member

Paige, that must be because you´re spoiling him, giving him all he wants!:big grin:

• Like Like x 2