Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Heartbroken and Incredibly Angry

D

Dantes

While talking to the vet this morning she saw Yeti's crossed eyes and decided to do an inpromptu eye test. She used the light on her ear scope to get him to follow it as she shone it on the table top. He seemed to do alright.

If it helps any, Dante (ragdoll, which is related to siamese) had strabismus as a kitten and grew out of it.

D

Dantes

Looking at the picture of Yeti/Racer-X I couldn't help thinking how cool it would be to have a cat that looks sorta like a Ragdoll on the outside but was Savannah under the hood! I have to admit I'm a little jealous....

That should've read "a Ragdoll paint job but Savannah under the hood" but I couldn't edit. Sorry, blew the joke.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Yuki sounds like my D, I call him the happiest cat in the world.
I am glad you have such a loving new family member.

Trish Allearz

Yeah, I think it is a good thing too. It avoids further stress for all involved, especially the cats. Yuki and Yeti are bonded already, especially after almost 12 hours together in the shipping crate.

While talking to the vet this morning she saw Yeti's crossed eyes and decided to do an inpromptu eye test. She used the light on her ear scope to get him to follow it as she shone it on the table top. He seemed to do alright. She also had a laugh when trying to check to see if Yuki might have a heart murmur because she said she'd have to figure out a way to stop Yuki from purring so she could hear her heart. :)

Also, everyone Yuki encountered she tried to climb up on to groom their hair, even holding their face still with her paws so she could get at the spot she wanted to groom. I can see this little girl is going to be hoot when guests visit. :big grin:

Congrats on your babies!

As for getting a kitten to quiet to hear their heart- that is important- suggest running the tap if there is a sink in the room- it will startle them and allow your vet to get a listen real quick to ensure no heart murmurs.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Yeah, I think it is a good thing too. It avoids further stress for all involved, especially the cats. Yuki and Yeti are bonded already, especially after almost 12 hours together in the shipping crate.

While talking to the vet this morning she saw Yeti's crossed eyes and decided to do an inpromptu eye test. She used the light on her ear scope to get him to follow it as she shone it on the table top. He seemed to do alright. She also had a laugh when trying to check to see if Yuki might have a heart murmur because she said she'd have to figure out a way to stop Yuki from purring so she could hear her heart. :)

Also, everyone Yuki encountered she tried to climb up on to groom their hair, even holding their face still with her paws so she could get at the spot she wanted to groom. I can see this little girl is going to be hoot when guests visit. :big grin:

I am so happy to hear that this mix-up has worked out. Yeti and Yuki sound amazing, and I can't wait for pictures!

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Congrats on your babies!

As for getting a kitten to quiet to hear their heart- that is important- suggest running the tap if there is a sink in the room- it will startle them and allow your vet to get a listen real quick to ensure no heart murmurs.

For such a small cat, Yuki purrs REALLY LOUD!, and almost constantly when around people.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Congratulations, and I am glad that Martin made good on the promise and you are satisfied with the outcome!

And yes, my vet uses the running tap sometimes to distract a purring kitten long enough to listen well to the heart.