Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello All, Meet My F1 Bud

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
Cool thanks for the great information buddy just got to find someone in the UK to supply when we're ready.

Steve

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Very very nice, think we may have to save up for an f1 in the future as they are stunning and this is coming from a man who doesn't like normal cats at all, could you pm me how much f1s cost if you don't mind as we are very interested in getting one, also I take it the f1 would be ok with our f6 sbts.

Steve
Steve, F1s can range from $6500 - >$12,000 depending on the sex (females are more because they can be bred, males are sterile so pets only). Nonstandard F1s (e.g., bicolor or red) can sometimes be found for a bit less, depending on the breeder.

It is hard to say if an F1 would get along with the F6s, but as long as the F6s are active and playful they should do fine together. Just remember, if you see signs of persistence and stubbornness in your F6s, an F1 will be that only tenfold...

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Very very nice, think we may have to save up for an f1 in the future as they are stunning and this is coming from a man who doesn't like normal cats at all, could you pm me how much f1s cost if you don't mind as we are very interested in getting one, also I take it the f1 would be ok with our f6 sbts.

Steve
I have two F1s in my house with F4s and F5s and all is fine, bar the occasional spat because half of them are intact hormonal females (which makes a difference!). I will say that my largest F1 Nina is completely dominated by my F4 and F5 girls.... who are much smaller but much more feisty in their intercat relationships! An F1 is a LOT of cat though, so consider your existing cats first to decide if they would want that kind of intense kitty companion :)

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks for all the great information guys I have looked on there too, would a serval be much different to an f1, obviouslythe serval wwould be bigger but also are they cheaper as I'm sure I've read that the f1s are the most expensive, and our two are veryaactive, makes us laugh, when they have a mad half hour and an extra mad ten minutes lol, like a whirlwind going around the house lol,.

Sorry for the hijack of the thread by the way :)