1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Hello all ! New to the forum and Savannahs ! Looking for breeder in OC

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by CM0neyAA, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CM0neyAA

CM0neyAA Savannah Kitten

Hello my name is Anthony I live in the Orange county. Orange,California to be exact. I have been interested in the Savannah species for awhile and I am looking for a baby. I will be keeping the baby in a nice sized 1 bed room apartment for awhile and will be upgrading to a big condo in a couple of years. I am looking for a breeder or someone close to me that has some kittens for sale. I am looking for some decent prices for I am not rich :) lol.

Thanks for the help ahead of time !

• Like Like x 1
  2. shelby

shelby Guest

Welcome, Anthony;>) I wish you luck in your search for the perfect baby. I do have available babies, but..I am in NC. I am sure their ar babies closer for you. Shelby

3. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

LOL- I don't think any of us are rich ;) It would really depend upon what generation and what type of kitten you are looking for! If you want a gorgeous looking kitty with an exotic look- you can easily bring home a lower gen kitten for about $900-$1200. If you are looking for a higher generation kitten, but have a particular price limit- then I'd suggest looking at nonstandard patterns. Now- mind you- they may still be higher then your budget, but a lot of nonstandards are gorgeous typey Savannahs in body, but less typey in coloring/pattern.

Hope that makes sense! Welcome to SVCatchat.com!

4. CM0neyAA

CM0neyAA Savannah Kitten

Ahhhh ok ! I was hoping to spend around 400-600 lol. Think I may need to fork over more ! How are these guys attitudes ? They seem very loyal and energetic.

5. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

LOL- I think after you spend some time on the site- you will see they are loving, loyal, a little bit too intelligent, and funny cats! Yeah, your price range is a bit low even for an F6-F7. The thing everyone has to remember- it's much better to pay a little more in the beginning and get a healthy, happy, well socialized kitten with a guarantee from a GOOD breeder then to pay dirt cheap and get no support and a kitten with health problems- because you know then you'll end up paying at least the same amount in the long run in vet bills!

• Like Like x 2
  6. CM0neyAA

CM0neyAA Savannah Kitten

Yes yes very true ! Just need to find a breeder close now :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

You have a lot of great California breeders- Southern and Northern. I'm a next-door-neighbor in Nevada, but we don't have any lower gen babies at the moment :)

8. CM0neyAA

CM0neyAA Savannah Kitten

AH my mother lives out there. If you ever happen to have any Id be willing to take a trip

9. Kristine

Kristine Moderator

Hi Anthony, there are several great breeders near you. Halestone Savannahs in OC, Spotted Love and Jua Inui here in San Diego. I have kittens as well, but, they are all tentatively spoken for. There is a newer breeder in Ventura as well, her name is Nikki (Storyteller Savannahs) and she just had a new litter born (-: She has been mentored by me as well as Brigitte at Kirembo and should have wonderful well socialized kitten. PS - If you want to meet breeders and enthusiasts in OC, there is a TICA show this weekend at the Hilton in Irvine right across from the airport (-:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Breheart

Breheart Guest

You can still find something for that budget, I was able to get my F8 for $500. Welcome and good luck with your search!