Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello All!

Elliemay2

Savannah Teenager
Shifu1.jpg Shifu2.jpg Shifu3.jpg

Hi,

My husband and I had a bengal in the past and we have been looking for another member to our pet family since loosing him several years ago. We found a breeder who had some F6A Savannah kittens with off markings that were up for adoption. Shifu's mother is a Savannah and father is an Ocicat. We have 3 kids and Shifu has really taken up with my oldest. We brought Shifu home at 10 weeks and have had him almost 3 weeks. He was the runt and a bit skiddish, but has socialized well and is REALLY growing! He wants to play and explore all of the time. We are excited to see how we all turn out in this adventure.

:)

M

macmanmatty

Cute looking kitten but does not look like a savannah ocicat cross to me. there is possibly some savannah in him but neither breed has piebald white on them so He can't be a cross of pure bread savannah and ocicat. Does he have papers? Did his parents have papers? Did either parent have white bib/ paws? Glad that he has found a good home and that he likes you kids.

Elliemay2

Savannah Teenager
Yes both parents are papered. His mother is a F5 SBT. I have only see pictures of his mother and she didn't have white bib or paws. The breeder said that I could register him, but I don't really see the need since he is a pet only.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi Elliemay2,

Welcome! I hope you find this forum educational and fun! It really depends on genetics as to whether there can be white on your kitten as a savannah. Your baby does look a savannah, but ti would be interesting to see the pedigree.

What breeder did you use?

Elliemay2

Savannah Teenager
Hi Elliemay2,

Welcome! I hope you find this forum educational and fun! It really depends on genetics as to whether there can be white on your kitten as a savannah. Your baby does look a savannah, but ti would be interesting to see the pedigree.

What breeder did you use?

The breeder is a very nice guy from Kezkatz.com. The mother is A1 Savannah Takiyah

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yes, I know of Jerry from kezkats...it would be interesting to hear his take on the white bib and paws...