Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello everyone

brian2204

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you Bridget I've not gone in to this lightly, I'm a big cat person who fell for SV's straight away, I'm already feeling apart of this big SV online family/community. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome Brian, your kitties are adorable, but I missed exactly when you will be able to bring them home - early when?

brian2204

Savannah Super Cat
Haha Patti I just read my original post, I missed out March!! It is going to be early march!

brian2204

Savannah Super Cat
Very nice looking kitten you have there... I love the name Enya... That kind of makes me think beautify calm thoughts with Enya's music.... I always find that so relaxing.... I think you will find that wants Enya gets full run of the house, it won't be as calm or smooth as Enya's music :)

For those not familiar with Enya:

Best of luck with her.... I too am a new Savannah Owner with an F3 named Elsa.

I have seen the videos you have put on of Elsa, she is adorable! Absolute stunner!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I have seen the videos you have put on of Elsa, she is adorable! Absolute stunner!

We would all like to see some good videos of Enya when you get her.... Some good pictures at least... If you need some advice on setting up some stuff, just let me know.

brian2204

Savannah Super Cat
We would all like to see some good videos of Enya when you get her.... Some good pictures at least... If you need some advice on setting up some stuff, just let me know.
I am interested in the small camera you have that's fitted to the cage? Can u get them in the uk? How much are they?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I am interested in the small camera you have that's fitted to the cage? Can u get them in the uk? How much are they?

Yes you can (the GoPro Hero3), but they are more expensive over there... Shop your local stores and look for GOPRO Products, Don't get the white, it is not that good of quality. I used the Silver.

Basically the White is what they call consumer grade. It has a lot of blurring when you move it, or when something runs past it, and believe me... With a Savannah Kitten there is a lot of running round, and you have probably noted that on my video, she moves pretty quickly.

Types of Hero 3's:
White - Consumer Grade - Not good for lots of movement.
Silver - Prosumer Grade - 1/2 Professional 1/2 Consumer grade. Works great for what I do.
Black - Professional Grade - This is what the professionals use that are doing professional TV productions, note a lot of the reality programs are using them.

There is a new one out that I have not gotten my hands on, but plan too and that is the Hero 3+. I do not really have the details on that one yet.

brian2204

Savannah Super Cat
Yes you can (the GoPro Hero3), but they are more expensive over there... Shop your local stores and look for GOPRO Products, Don't get the white, it is not that good of quality. I used the Silver.

Basically the White is what they call consumer grade. It has a lot of blurring when you move it, or when something runs past it, and believe me... With a Savannah Kitten there is a lot of running round, and you have probably noted that on my video, she moves pretty quickly.

Types of Hero 3's:
White - Consumer Grade - Not good for lots of movement.
Silver - Prosumer Grade - 1/2 Professional 1/2 Consumer grade. Works great for what I do.
Black - Professional Grade - This is what the professionals use that are doing professional TV productions, note a lot of the reality programs are using them.

There is a new one out that I have not gotten my hands on, but plan too and that is the Hero 3+. I do not really have the details on that one yet.
Thank you I'm going to go do some investigating! :)