Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello From New Jersey

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Trishy, I have three from SE. All were well socialized. Sometimes you get one that is very intelligent. Like Mayhem....... You can see the gears turning in his head! Best cats of my life!

admin

Paige
Staff member
They are gorgeous!

Paige
Owner, Savannah Cat Chat
Agato Savannahs
TICA Legislative Committee
SV Breed Section Committee
SV Rescue Coordinator

Trishy

Site Supporter
Thanks! I can't wait to actually have them. So much to kitten proof and to a new extreme is keeping me occupied :) I am trying to think of everything, saying goodbye to any little things I kept displayed on shelves, covering all electrical cords, which by the way look much nicer in a white plastic covering. Just want to make sure everything is safe for when they are done with quarantine and allow the other cat time to get used to any changes I make before they get here. I have a few questions about quarantine but I am going to go to the questions thread to ask.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
You've really done your homework and are way ahead of the game when it comes to savannah-proofing your home. When the kittens arrive, they'll be sure to show you things you missed or didn't think they'd be interested in. Never a dull moment with these cats.(y)

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks! I can't wait to actually have them. So much to kitten proof and to a new extreme is keeping me occupied :) I am trying to think of everything, saying goodbye to any little things I kept displayed on shelves, covering all electrical cords, which by the way look much nicer in a white plastic covering. Just want to make sure everything is safe for when they are done with quarantine and allow the other cat time to get used to any changes I make before they get here. I have a few questions about quarantine but I am going to go to the questions thread to ask.

Along with my welcome above, here is a list I give to my kitten owners to help make your home Savannah safe. Sounds like you are doing a great job so far!

http://www.savannahcatchat.com/threads/my-kitten-dangers-checklist.95/#post-419

Trishy

Site Supporter
Thanks Pam, that is an excellent list. I didn't know about the grapes and raisins.

Had the experience with one of my cats with the paper bags with handles. Came home with a macy's bag and went to make a cup of tea. Turned around and my adult cat got his head through the handle and started panic rolling causing it to twist tighter and tighter. I couldn't scruff him because of where the handle was on his neck and barely got a pair of scissors in to cut the cord with him insane fighting for his life. Thankfully he was fine and I was a bit sliced up but it became a steadfast rule in my house to remove all bags handles upon walking in the door. I firmly believe that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Also my last cat was plastic bag obsessed so we are already in the habit of disposing of them immediately.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Trishy, I got my cat F3 Savannah from Select Exotics, and if I am correct the father being commando makes my cat your cats aunt... My Savannah, Elsa has quite the personality and a very good one... She gets a long with people very well, loves to play fetch and rides in the car very well. I am sure your cat will exhibit excellent Savannah Qualities and develop personalities all his or her own. They know right from wrong and they know what they can get away with and what they can't....

If you want to know what it is like, go to the biggest them park with the biggest ride and get ready for the ride of your life... The big difference, A Savannah ride keeps going and going and going.... Energizer should have chosen the Savannah over a Pink Bunny.