Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Help!! 8 week old kitten meeting spoiled Savannah...

nickandkristi

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks, John, we definitely don't want to prolong this!!

I just took the cat carrier out of the room we have Lex in and put it in the kitchen (Lex was NOT in it), so Lyra could sniff it. She sniffed it, growled, hissed, and walked away!! Now, she is laying down and snuggling with me... Guess she is a jealous girl and doesn't want Mommy giving any attention to anyone but her!! :)

Trish Allearz

I'm not sure I would do this as it's primarily to mask other scents. If there was an outdoor cat that was causing stirrings I would certainly go this route and I found some success with our big boy. In your situation, it's only going to prolong the inevitable and in that close of proximity probably not going to be real effective.
I agree with John- I use the vanilla trick to put newborns in with a different Momma.

nickandkristi

Savannah Super Cat
Do you guys think it should be ok to have Lex closed off in his room and Lyra roaming the house alone when Nick and I have to both go back to work on Monday?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Do you guys think it should be ok to have Lex closed off in his room and Lyra roaming the house alone when Nick and I have to both go back to work on Monday?
Sure; it'll be fine. And I bet she spends a lot of time sniffing at his door when you're both gone and she has nothing else to occupy her time. You might want to leave a radio on in Lex's room when you're gone so he doesn't feel totally abandoned.

nickandkristi

Savannah Super Cat
Yes, we definitely will leave a radio on for Lex- we do that for Lyra, or leave the tv on :)

I am so appreciative for all this great advise. After my minor break down last night thinking that Lyra will hate me forever and we would have to find a new home for Lex, I know feel hopeful that they will get along. He really is such a great little kitten that just wants to be loved :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370711309.360886.jpg

M

MK Anderson

look on the cat coach website for cat introduction. Look like you got good advice! it should calm down in the next few days